Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothing To Do In My Beloved City After Nine

Options
  • 06-05-2005 1:50pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭

Anyone else find that unless you wish to get flatuatedly (i love hyphallege!) drunk,theres nothing to do in Galway from monday to thursday after nine? i usually dont get out of work til half eight, and find the cinema usually has its last show between nine and half( which requires a bit of a rush to get to!) God bless tesco, because at least i can do a bit of shopping to pass ten mins. roll on the summer when i can at least go out to salthill, pretend im a tourist and get dizzy watching the (minature) roller coasters!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Give bowling a go... It's always a bit of craic! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

aw, bowling! theres a "sport" the yanks should have kept to themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

fun bus wrote:
    aw, bowling! theres a "sport" the yanks should have kept to themselves
    OI! No insulting Bowling. :mad: It happens to be my favourite sport.

You cant call bowling a "sport" without using inverted commas!!!

uh okay, if it's not a sport then why is it the Olympics?

[EDIT]Also, Snooker and Pool is a sport, you don't as much physical excercise in Snooker or Pool as Bowling and it's still considered a sport[/EDIT]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Am, there is always, and I stress always, atleast one or two *must see* gigs on in galway during the week..

Check out the gold old Roisín Dubh for some of galways best...and well the likes of mundy, damien dempsey, etc etc etc.. Oh and even the Radisson has great acts sometimes also..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

must see is a bit of a lie.....but play snooker or golf or tennis or swim or anything jeez
    also sit down and talk with your beloved ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

The way I see it there is nothing to do before 9 but wait a second I don't drink so there is nothing to do 24/7 a well i guess its the eye cinema for me again by myself.

hada wrote:

Check out the gold old Roisín Dubh for some of galways best...and well the likes of mundy, damien dempsey, etc etc etc.. Oh and even the Radisson has great acts sometimes also..

The only thing about gigs in those places, is that drinking is so common, you always find your self having a pint... and then another one... and another... and another. Even if you don't drink you still have some lad pi$$ing all over your legs in the jacks, cause he fell asleep at the urinal. Not too fun! Believe me, i've had a few of those nights. Phew! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

hada wrote:
    Am, there is always, and I stress always, atleast one or two *must see* gigs on in galway during the week..

Ya know thats very suit jacket/white adidas/vodafone/over gelled hair kind of music where is the variety in this excuse for a city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Ya know thats very suit jacket/white adidas/vodafone/over gelled hair kind of music where is the variety in this excuse for a city.

The Roisin Dubh has a wide variety of music in it. I don't think you can class it as only one sort of music at all.

In the last while they've had everything from hip-hop to electronica to country to folk to rock. They even had a string quartet in a while back didn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

you need to get a woman...

Ya see! As others have also highlighted, almost every night time source of entertainment in this town revolves around booze!! im an avid boozer myself, but getting sick of it lately! as for sitting around talking to your loved ones? anyone who can do that more than four nights a week gets nothing but the height of respect from me!

Heeeeeyyyy.... you just summed me up in one sentence... Curse your cleverness.... CURSE IT!!!!! :D

Some nights, it's just good to stay in, watch a DVD either alone or with your mates..... Also, kinda geeky, but Games consoles are great when you can't be arsed going out. Must admit, it wavers thin after you've seen the end of MGS2 eight billion times :D

If you're not up for drinking, go driving... speeding down the motor way, screaming things at people walking at three o' clock in the morning. Doesn't sound fun? Well it is... then again, I have a slightly twisted sense of humour... Did I say slightly? i meant insane! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

fun bus wrote:
    Ya see! As others have also highlighted, almost every night time source of entertainment in this town revolves around booze!! im an avid boozer myself, but getting sick of it lately! as for sitting around talking to your loved ones? anyone who can do that more than four nights a week gets nothing but the height of respect from me!

it's real easy,your friends need to be interesting though.....plus you can have fun with your friends doing things you hate, like going to cuba last night! if that can be good so can anything!

You hate Cuba? That's the best Club in town, the best women, (mostly) best music, great atmosphere, what's not to like?

well it's the opposite of what you just said,kinda liked it when i was younger,
    they always play the same music which is so boring....and the best women is soooo questionable! :) puked up quite a lot in cuba last night....one of the highlights
    in first year boo radleys/red square is the place teh be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Demeant0r wrote:
    You hate Cuba? That's the best Club in town, the best women, (mostly) best music, great atmosphere, what's not to like?

I'm sorry Dem, but you're taking out of your hole. Cuba is a complete wreck of a place... It barely qualifies as a ****-hole, because ****-holes usually have endearing qualities.

Although with that said, it's not like there's anything better here in Galway. The whole club scene is nothing more than Bovine Effluence of the highest grade.

its crap because galway has no metal club.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I was in Bar Not-Cuba-Anymore-But-Some-Rubbish-Trendy-Name-Now last night (The late closing deal, you see), whereupon I was groped by a female of the opposite sex.

I was quite drunk, the lights were low- and she was still ugly. Demeant0r is regrettably wrong. :)

• Advertisement

some girl force fed me birthday cake last night,i was too drunk to question it till now....

Despite what everyone says... I'm quite the Cuba fan! Compared to the rest of the clubs, dare I say CPs. Mother of Christ that place sucks. The fairly cool factor about Cuba is that there is two floors with different music. What other club in Galway can boast that?

if one of the floors had good music you would be on to something....i have never gone to cp's,so it's not good then?.
    as regards cuba the last night i was there,i was force fed cake,some girl sat on my face 'sorry didn't see ya' and i puked up for an hour(unrelated :P ) and that was one of the good nights :)

Well... i'm hitting the GPO later tonight. Should be good craic! Then again, I plan to be langered. (If anyone is there tonight, look for the dude in the orange boiler suit, that's me!)

Fancy dress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hachidan

Well... i'm hitting the GPO later tonight. Should be good craic! Then again, I plan to be langered. (If anyone is there tonight, look for the dude in the orange boiler suit, that's me!)

Fancy dress!

I must say - you looked quite the muppet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Sarky wrote:
    I was in Bar Not-Cuba-Anymore-But-Some-Rubbish-Trendy-Name-Now last night (The late closing deal, you see), whereupon I was groped by a female of the opposite sex.

. :)

Bloody hell! A shemale?

hachidan wrote:
    I must say - you looked quite the muppet! :)

Ah yes! Comes with the terrority!

Anyway, I was rat arsed, so I didn't really mind.

You didn't talk to me did you? If you did, you'd realise how $hit faced i was!

LOL!

cuba was good last night wwish i had seen this suit though!

Dundhoone wrote:
    Bloody hell! A shemale?

finally some1 pulled him on it and it's bar 903 :)

• Advertisement

The suit WILL return!!!!

Mwhahahahaha.... but possibly not for a long time....

Halloween! Planned fancy dress! Generally muppetry! (is that a word?)

In retrospect, I wish I brought a camera.

Advertisement