Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket A heatsink question

Options
  • 06-05-2005 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I've got an oldish socket A pc setup which I put an all-in-wonder card in and have outputting to the tv, the psu just blew on it and i'm relacing it with a new "be-quiet" psu so I thought i'd replace the cpu cooler with something quiter as well (currently using an arctic cooler similar to this :http://www.hitide.ie/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_23_46/products_id/234 , which has an annoying whine to it). I have no mounting holes on the board so it has to be a clip on one which sadly rules out all the zalmans for my board, it doesn't need to be high powered at all it wont be overclocked nor particularily strained. I can't seem to find any kind of average cooler to say clip on an ultra silent papst 80mm fan or the like, just monster Thermaltake types that weigh vast amounts and require screwing on. Any suggestions for a near silent socket A cooler that doesn't require mounting holes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

try here http://tinyurl.com/bmsqp. i`ve got one of these and it`s great. it will take an 80 or 92 mm fan .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Why not try a cheap Water cooling kit like the Thermaltake Aquarius II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ediz

Cheers for that greglo, it's perfect, light and uses the clip system :D . As for water systems, it'd my first stab at a watercooler and I think i'd feel safer leaving a bog standard cpu fan/sink running behind my tv, besides, i'm skint :p

Advertisement