Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MehPong v1.0a By Ropedrink

• 06-05-2005 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Sorry this took so long, i promised to have it up ages ago for him, funny how avoiding study enables me to do all the things i intended to months ago :D

Anyways, Heres the final release of our very own Ropedrinks game, its modelled somewhat on Alleyway exept it has a few nice featers, Ph34R teh Eyes!
    Http: Here
    Torrent: Coming Soon
    Desktop Background: Here

For the zip file just unzip the contents to a newly created folder and run the set up. The game should run and away you go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Whoopsies, forgot to add:

MEHPONG - CONTROLS
    The whole game requires the use of a mouse and six buttons, those buttons being the 'LEFT' and 'RIGHT' arrow keys, for bat
    movement, and the number keys '1' to '4' for using special and super attacks (You can only activate them when you have
    appropriate power amounts, and the ICON outline for that special has turned ORANGE - Explained later)

MEHPONG - SETUP (GAME)
    Once MehPong is loaded, start off by selecting the 'Setup Bat & Ball' option, which will bring you to the config
    screen. From here, you are given '100' statistic points to distribute between Bat Speed, Bat Accuracy, Fireball attack,
    Missile attack, Double Ball attack, Piercing attack and one of the three Super Special attacks.
    For explanations of these abilities or how much they cost, simply click the question mark button associated with that option.

MEHPONG - GAMEPLAY
    Once you have created a suitable config, click the OK button and you'll be brought to the LEVEL SELECT screen where you can
    choose one of 33 levels to play. For newcomers, the levels at the top of the screen are the easiest, so start off by getting
    practice with these levels and proceed further when you are comfortable with the gameplay and controls. Each level type
    has an easy, medium and hard variation. Good luck with conquering them all.

For every level completed or lost, you're statistics are saved and displayed on the STATISTICS SCREEN for future reference.
    These statstics are judged by the level type and the level difficulty that you completed.

REMEMBER: Specials and Super Specials require a specific power bar (or ALL power bars) to be filled to certain levels, and
    the corresponding button to be pressed.

FIREBALL : Power Bar 1 (75%) - Button '1'
    ROCKET : Power Bar 2 (75%) - Button '2'
    DOUBLE BALL : Power Bar 3 (75%) - Button '3'
    SUPER : ALL Power Bars (100%) - Button '4'

(When an attack is available, it's ICON at the bottom right of the screen will have an ORANGE border)

And thats it.
    I hope you enjoy the game, for it's merely a simple revamp of breakout, and took me a couple of weeks to create.
    For information on any of these previous or current projects, help with MehPong V1.0a, bug reporting or anything to that effect,
    please contact RopeDrink@IOLFree.ie.
    Thank you for playing.

All info can be found in the read me file contained within the zip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

cool, downloading

edit:// sorry i didn't comment earlier, the game is pretty cool, i love the sounds, but about five minutes into playing the game slows to a crawl for me, i tried using the windows standard driver but no difference, sure it's prolly just something to do with my machine though, anywho nice job, the girlfriend is playing it constantly now :/ still, a change from her playing solitaire constantly anyway

Advertisement