Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Genres

Options
  • 06-05-2005 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

I uploaded loadsa tunes onto my computer and was shocked at what genres some of the artists put themselves into...

For example Mark McCabe's maniac 2000 is considered New Age, Frank Sinatra is considered Pop and my favourite, Christy Moore as Metal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Why oh why would you want Mark McCabe's maniac 2000 on your computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I can beat that
    I entered in some Big Black (an experimental hardcore group fronted by steve albini) and It went in my computer as general childrens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Creature wrote:
    Why oh why would you want Mark McCabe's maniac 2000 on your computer?

My ickle cousin loves it. He's only one! (Plus it reminds me of holliers! :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

Anyone know Mindless Self Indulgence? :) According to the mp3s I got from the official site, they're "industrialjunglepussypunk". I think that's actually the only genre title that I've heard that'd fully describe em :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

artist: rage against the machine

album: battle for los angeles

genre: pop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

Also under pop, one track in my collection:

Pantera - Walk

I'm keeping the genre setting cause it just makes me laugh :p

Advertisement