Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Laughs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

i have a spare ticket for the 10.15pm Friday night show in the Watergate if anyone wants it:

10.15–midnight
    Patton Oswalt, David Kay, Des Bishop
    Host: Owen O´Neill 105mins
    The Watergate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

mick_irl wrote:
    i have a spare ticket for the 10.15pm Friday night show in the Watergate if anyone wants it:

10.15–midnight
    Patton Oswalt, David Kay, Des Bishop
    Host: Owen O´Neill 105mins
    The Watergate

Hi Mick,

How Much?

Thanks,
    Paul.

you can have it for free - it's of no use to me. PM me.

Saw Tommy Tiernan last night - very funny. All new material too. Pity I can't say the same about Dom Irrera. Will some please write the man some new gags. It's been the same material for the last 5 years now.

Owen O'Neill was disappointing and Lewis Black was 'intense' but still funny.

Tonight it's Rich Hall! Anyone else been to any shows yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Not yet, but I'm going to Tommy Tiernan, Jimeoin and Omid Djalili (he's ****ing excellent) tonight in langton's. Speaking of which, anyone have a spare ticket? I have a friend who wants to go to this but apparently its all sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

Its not fair, can't go to anything because of damn leaving cert. Not that I'll do much study anyway but the guilt would kill me......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

mick_irl wrote:
    you can have it for free - it's of no use to me. PM me.

Thanks Mick,
    Picked up the ticket today.
    Paul. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

saw colin murphy rich hall and daire obrian last night and it was excellent. first time at the cats laughs and it was organised better than i thought it would be. langtons was packed but they got the crowd just right as there was plenty of room.

comedians were all excellent, never really liked rich hall until last night he was the best for me. obrian had to rush his set which was pity. all in all a very good night. wish i had bought more tickets now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

just saw ardal o hanlon, fred macaulay and kevin meaney, hosted by jason byrne, in the coo. Jason byrne was definately the best out of the lot and I'd love to see him on his own. ardal o hanlon and kevin meaney were a bit of a let down but fred macaulay was v. good. as for the venue, it was very very cramped. they tried to squash as many people as possible in. what did other people make of the shows they saw?

saw colin murphy rich hall and daire obrian last night and it was excellent. first time at the cats laughs and it was organised better than i thought it would be. langtons was packed but they got the crowd just right as there was plenty of room.

comedians were all excellent, never really liked rich hall until last night he was the best for me. obrian had to rush his set which was pity. all in all a very good night. wish i had bought more tickets now!

Were you the one that kept setting off the fire alarm?

It was annoying that they shut the bar during the show on Friday night but on Thursday night they were dishing out the beer (everything except Murphys & Heineken) for the duration of the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Saw Patton Oswalt, Peter(or David? Young lookin guy with glasses anyway, Scottish) Kay and Tommy Tiernan last night. Hosted by Barry Murphy.
    Tommy Tiernan was the best, Barry Murphy was very good too.
    Kay was absolute rubbish, Patton Oswalt was ok.

During Kay's set people were talking and moving around and everything. Kinda lousy on him, but he was really crap and boring.

Quick round up of the shows I saw over the weekend:
    Friday in Langtons: Tommy Tiernan, Jimeoin and Omid Djalili, with Karl Spain as MC.
    Tommy Tiernan was excellent, performing new material and all.
    Omid Djalili was great too, but I had seen a good bit of his act before.
    Jimeoin was good, this was the first time I've seen him so I don't know how much of his act is recycled.
    Karl Spain did a good job as MC, keeping everyone entertained between acts.

Saturday in Langtons: Bill Bailey
    Bill Bailey is a multitalented comic genius! Most of his act is right off the part troll DVD, but seeing it performed live is great, especially the Kraftwerk rendition of the hokey cokey :) A good bit of audience participation too.

Saturday in the Watergate: Dylan Moran
    Dylan Moran might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think his stand up is ****ing great. He had a lot of new material this year, and a little of his older dvd-released stuff. I think the theatre setting of the Watergate suits Moran better than a pub.

Another great Cat Laughs festival again - Murphy's are right twats for pulling out of it.
    The only downside of last night was the level of outright violence around Nero's - jesus christ, that was insane.

What happened at Nero's?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, what violence..... Was I involved!

John

Just the amount of cockheads acting the bollox and getting kicked out. Most notably just as we were heading up the stairs, one sh1thead came crashing down the stairs with two bouncers wrapped around him.

Ah yes.... that's ok. I got worried for a moment.

John

Was that on sat night? I was there on Sat and I didn't see much trouble. Actually, I didn't see much at all. I was a little bit out of it. I can remember it was a total sausage fest though...
    It was too packed aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Same happened to me. I completly missed the fight but the beer bus completely ****ed up. It's supposed to take away all the ugly girls and leave you with lashers when you're in the bathroom after ten pints, not take away all the lashers and fill the place with men. :(

Anybody else see the Ed Byrne, Andy Maxwell, Colm Murphy and Darragh O' Brian gig? Class! :)

Great weekend. Went on Saturday intending to go home Sunday morning but ended up leaving late on Monday. Had no shaving gear and no chance for a shower so I probably looked and smelled like a bear. I'm going for the whole weekend next year.

Dawballz, you just didn't know where to look for the women. Although there were lots of blokes there, also full of 16year olds too.

John

mick_irl wrote:
    Were you the one that kept setting off the fire alarm?

It was annoying that they shut the bar during the show on Friday night but on Thursday night they were dishing out the beer (everything except Murphys & Heineken) for the duration of the show.

yeah the alarm was annoying! but it was funy how the comedians reacted to it.

i was in neros saturday night and didnt notice anything major happening. anybody see the nurses??? one or two of them were fantastic but the rest were all mingers!

• Advertisement

The little dark skinned/black haired one was hot.

What!? You noticed a woman! Yea, when I was coming out of the Marble City bar they were walking in. I got a nice look at them. Warned them the bar was crap too, at least for their nurse outfit wearing selves.

John

right so ive been to neros and langtons.

whats the venue like? what other nightclubs are there in kk?

The Zoo, The Coo (Club 51)

The zoo is now known as morrisson's club, and "coda" before that.

Oh right... it's a **** hole still.

John

Yeah, shít hole is right.
    Actually, all the night clubs in Kilkenny are shít holes.

well judging by the talk and queues langtons is the most popular. now im sorry but its just a function room, the type of place people have their communion dinner in! i dont get all the hype about it.

Yeah I don't get the fuss with Langtons either.
    It's a nice place and all, but I have never had a good night out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement