Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling

Options
  • 06-05-2005 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Ok just put new system together as follows: AMD64 3500 939 CHIP .ASUS A8N-SLI DELUX M/B. 2X512 SKILL 400MHZ MEMORY. 6800GTPCI EXPRESS DDR3 G/C. 250GIG SATA SEAGATE H/D & 120GIG. All fits in. http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Viper_Gaming_Case_.html. Now my problem is cooling as my computer room has no windows and it gets up to 28C in room and inside case gets up to over 30C. Now I want to overclock system so I'm thinking water cooler ant suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

What temps does the BIOS report? 30 is grand for an AMD64 to tell you the truth.

Are you using stock cooling at the moment? Are you willing to go water-cooled or would you prefer to stick with air-cooling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

AMD chips are good for 85-95 degrees celcius (that's near waters boiling point).
    Most people recommend to keep it below 70-80 degrees because the higher the temp the shorter the life of the chip (that said, are you really going to be using the same chip in 10 years time? Didn't think so).

The rest of the system shoud really be kept below 65 degrees or so. The capacitors don't like much higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

Bios getting to 50C+. The problem is when I'm gaming and temps start to rise I start getting abit of lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

its either watercooling or a DECENT HSF

Advertisement