Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed camera in Donnybrook?

Options
  • 06-05-2005 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Do any of you guys know what it is, Its at the junction at RTE on the left if your heading towards town just before the lights.
    There is no grid on the ground like other speed cameras and if it is a speed camera its in a stupid spot just before traffic lights where you are slowing down anyway and at them lights you nearly always have to stop all the time.

Its there a good while now and its working whatever it is because i seen lads working on it one day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tis a red light camera, there to catch the amber gamblers. If you pass the line when on Red it takes 2 pictures and a letter in the post will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Ah i see, Makes perfect sense now. Thanks mate! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

If your going on red lights like that use your own car!!!!!!!! not your work one.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

unfortunately i drive my own van and would have to pay for it myself, There's one just out side clonmel too which i always noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

What does the letter in the post inolve? A fine of how much E?? And do you get penalty points for this?

• Advertisement

What does the letter in the post inolve? A fine of how much E?? And do you get penalty points for this?
    A summons to appear at a local district court. No points yet for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Are these anywhere else in dublin,they a new thing? first time ive heard about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

afair when it was originally installed it was put there purely to count the number of red light raiders - for statistical purposes.
    Is it definitely being used now for catching offenders?

causal

There is one over at Islandbridge on the N4 city bound also.

AFAIK they are now prosecuting offenders as a mate of mine got a letter about running the lights at Islandbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

mad m wrote:
    Are these anywhere else in dublin,they a new thing? first time ive heard about them.

There's one on the N4 inbound at the islandbridge/killmainham junction.It's been there for a long time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Johnnyraz

Silver Knight , where about is the one in clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Bond-007 wrote:
    Tis a red light camera, there to catch the amber gamblers. If you pass the line when on Red it takes 2 pictures and a letter in the post will follow.

OMG :rolleyes:

It's a traffic management sensor Silver Knight. Don't worry about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

MojoMaker wrote:
    Yeah - feel free to just keep going ;)

MojoMaker wrote:
    OMG :rolleyes:

traffic management sensor me arse. Pretty big for a traffic management sensor. Look forward to reading about you in the hearld in the months to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I thought the two in Dublin were being used on a trial basis and recording data for statistical purposes. If they are operational, where is the legislation and I presume the warning signs?

Having said that, I would broadly support these cameras. The level if red light running is reaching epic proportions in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,862 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Legislation - it's always been illegal to run a red light :D
    Warning sign - it's the little illuminated red circle in the traffic light :rolleyes:
    If speed cameras don't have warning signs, why on earth would a red light camera have one?
    What would it say?
    "Caution - Laws actually being enforced ahead - Drive with caution for the next 500 metres"

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement