Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drugs being dicussed on After Hours :- Take notice

Options
  • 06-05-2005 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Hi just to alert who ever mods the After Hours Forum drugs are being discussed and i don't think this is appropriate for boards. I raised my concers over there and this was the response it got.

My Post.
    Originally posted by netwhizkid
    I don't think boards should be used to discuss drugs ie SCUM , MODS TAKE NOTICE, Drugs are one of the main causes of crime in Ireland why should anyone want to have anything to do with them or anyone who has anything to do with them.

The response i got from a mod.
    Originally posted by Mordeth

you're mother is one of the main causes of crime in Ireland.

down with your mother

I feel that drugs are not a subject thay should be condoned in any way.

Please take notice.

Regards netwhizkid
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you are such a ****ing **** dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That sounds like the DRUGS talking, Mordeth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

no i'm not,
    but i just simply feel that drugs are a scourge of modern society and well if ye want to discuss them go right ahead but if i had a kid i wouldn't allow he/she to view boards with this sort of content on it, thats all

Regards netwhizkid

drugs can talk? so what, they've just been ignoring me all these years?

ouch...

on a serious note, netwhizkid.. why should anybody listen to you? you don't even have 200 posts. Go away. Also, I don't mod After hours. Learn to use boards before you start making suggestions.

tit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Mordeth wrote:
    you are such a ****ing **** dude

Go home stoner boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

IMO netwhizkid, children shouldnt

a - be allowed use the internet unsupervised

b - be allowed read the boards unsupervised, after all there are a lot more "adult" issues being discussed than drugs, so please, think before you post this unhelpful type of threads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

People, people relax. Take a chill pill.
    Whoops wrong choice of words

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Noted.

FFS Mordeth...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Wow, I was just about to start a thread on AH about aspirin, but I'd better not now. Clearly it's inappropriate discussion material on these, our holy boards.

But at least now I know the error of my ways; thanks to netwhizkid for explaining that the criminal underworld of Ireland thrives on the use and discussion of widely-available plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Oh God, that mother thing was brilliant Mordeth, had me in bits.
    Im so stealing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

netwhizkid wrote:
    but i just simply feel that drugs are a scourge of modern society and well if ye want to discuss them go right ahead but if i had a kid i wouldn't allow he/she to view boards with this sort of content on it, thats all

Well at least they would know if mushies are legal or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Netwhizkid,drugs are around and they'll be around forever....kinda like hula hoops....mmmm.....gotta get me some of those....
    Anyway,my point is,kids should be made aware of drugs and their effects,not sheltered from knowledge! I realise the thread on AH isn't exactly highlighting the down side to drugs but afterall,unless people talked about drugs from time to time then what would we really know about them?How would you have even formed an opinion on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

People ABUSING drugs lead to crime.
    Recreational drug taking (a joint or even the odd pill) does not lead to the majority of crime in the country.

It IS a serious issue but so are most of the topics discussed on boards.
    Imo even though Boards is a 'family friendly' site, it is not targeted at those young enough to be seriously influeneced by the opinions of strangers online.

As that ad on tv says 'Taking drugs is illegal, talking about them isn't'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

People ABUSING drugs lead to crime.
    Recreational drug taking (a joint or even the odd pill) does not lead to the majority of crime in the country.

It IS a serious issue but so are most of the topics discussed on boards.
    Imo even though Boards is a 'family friendly' site, it is not targeted at those young enough to be seriously influeneced by the opinions of strangers online.

As that ad on tv says 'Taking drugs is illegal, talking about them isn't'.
    I refer you to my comments in the original thread.

The line between the two is VERY fine indeed........

But I agree with LadyJ - it is very important to talk about drugs and all its issues. If you know what to honestly expect (no inappropriate scare stories) - people make a rational choice and avoid them. Or at least only make a minor dabble......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

netwhizkid wrote:
    Hi just to alert who ever mods the After Hours Forum drugs are being discussed and i don't think this is appropriate for boards. I raised my concers over there and this was the response it got.

My Post.

The response i got from a mod.

I feel that drugs are not a subject thay should be condoned in any way.

Please take notice.

Regards netwhizkid

Toffy nose MUPPET.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

...why didnt you pm or report it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

netwhizkid: A few points

Firstly, Is mordeth a mod of AH? No. Therefore he can post whatever the **** he likes

Secondly, Are they discussing something which is illegal? No. Therefore there is no risk of legal reprecussion to boards from this post, thus removing one major reason why the admins might care

Thirdly, Is this a matter for Feedback? No. If you object to a post, and this is the important bit, Report It!

Basically, I think I can see where your coming from....but you've chosen a damn stupid way to go about saying it. And please don't try to force your opinion on to others, it's most unsociable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

He was obviously looking for some brownie points from the mods......

....maybe some day you can be one too!

I am MAN wrote:
    He was obviously looking for some brownie points from the mods......

....maybe some day you can be one too!

Oh wow, wouldn't that be fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Raphael wrote:
    Firstly, Is mordeth a mod of AH? No. Therefore he can post whatever the **** he likes

within the charter and not disregarding general rules re: personal abuse etc. Which he seems to disregard.

NetWhizThingy - report da post. / poor reference on the 'warn a brother' t-shirt

• Advertisement

I didn't insult him..

oh wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Sigh..

Oh how I long for day when someone who is not familier with boards, and who posts in the style of a knee jeck reaction, gets more of the positive explanatory posts and less of the Mordeth et amgos replys, this could have been a useful thread.

Why anyone would think that this sort of thing wins brownie points is beyond me, but then so much is!. Mod of AH it is so....

If this was not the feedback forum I would have to prune 50% of this thread to weed out the inappropriate replys, which add nothing to the conversation other than an attempt to put down the original poster.

Shame on you!... :)

V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Mordeth is a *******

I will present myself for spanking at dawn.

Do you have my address?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Maybe he was, or maybe it's something that's had a negative effect on his family or friends. Whatever.

Gordon, can you close this thread please?

Cheers,
    Al.

no, but I know a guy who knows a guy who can get that sort of thing.

dawn it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

uberwolf wrote:
    within the charter and not disregarding general rules re: personal abuse etc. Which he seems to disregard.

NetWhizThingy - report da post. / poor reference on the 'warn a brother' t-shirt
    No, he can still do that. It's just likely to get him in hot water. Mods can act the tool as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

OP, just cause you can get high on life dosnt mean we all can.

discussing drugs is not illegal, if it was, RTEs prime time would have been shut down along time ago.

now i'm off to smoke a "cigarette".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Obviously no one cares what i think but thats their choice, as for me wanting brownie points or me being a snitch, whatever i just wanted to highlight what I say a perhaps a potential problem, like kids as young as ten browse these boards, i started here at 14. by the way i also have 219 posts not less than 200, posts count dosn't really matter imo, I don't have broadband or i dont work in IT so how for the life of me but up the thousands of posts like other users. I have put up nearly 70 in the last month and that has strained me well.

regards netwhizkid

ps i'm not a fag*ot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement