Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drugs being dicussed on After Hours :- Take notice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Netwhizkid,you shouldn't care what people on boards think of you anyway.
    Just focus on defending your point.
    However,I really think that it would be more of a danger to society if drugs weren't discussed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Originally Posted by LadyJ
    However,I really think that it would be more of a danger to society if drugs weren't discussed

I completely agree, but its just that they were being discussed as if they were normal and okay, which they are neither. why do i get the distinct feeling that whatever i say will booed of the floor ? As was done when i venomently opposed open Croke Park to the Foreign Game. I seem to be the only moderate conservative person on here.

Regards netwhizkid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭paulcr

netwhizkid wrote:
    Obviously no one cares what i think

What matters is you believe your opinion needed to be heard. In so much as others have the right to voice theirs. When ever you post you open yourself to ridicule. Hey but all in all who gives a s**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

netwhizkid

i think the general tone of the above comments tell you this...

If you have thoughts on what is appropriate to be posted here on boards you should follow the necessary steps to make your opinion heard. Making knee-jerk and incendiary comments are of no use to you, what you believe in, or to any other members.

The argument that children may be exposed to these posts is a hollow one, akin to complaining that 'Pulp Fiction' is being shown on television at 10pm; it's not our responsibility to ensure what children see and dont see, that is their parent's responsibility.

You are entitled to post your thoughts, but choosing you language a little more careful in the future will avoid these reactions
    Mordeth wrote:
    you are such a ****ing **** dude

Regarding your post count, it shouldn't matter a damn how many posts you have contributed, but the quality of said posts. IMO a member can have f*cking 8,000 posts, but if there a load of shi*e, then they're nowhere near as relevant as someone with 80 quality posts which are well researched and not full of b/s.

People who said that the GAA should have left Rule 42 where it was on the basis that "we shouldnt allow those foreigners into our land" type opinions, are fools. If you believe in that, the best way to put your opinion across is by reasoned and balanced argument, people will be more inclined to listen to you that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

netwhizkid wrote:
    I completely agree, but its just that they were being discussed as if they were normal and okay, which they are neither. why do i get the distinct feeling that whatever i say will booed of the floor ? As was done when i venomently opposed open Croke Park to the Foreign Game. I seem to be the only moderate conservative person on here.

Regards netwhizkid
    Fair enough,I respect your opinion and I see your point but unfortunately it would appear you're in a minority so what can ya do?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

netwhizkid wrote:
    why do i get the distinct feeling that whatever i say will booed of the floor ?

If you can make your points in a measured and balanced way, then you should be assured the will be given the consideration and respect they deserve

Yep i'm always in the minority yes nearly always, Example George W. Bush is a bad leader and is a war criminal. Most people on boards would agree with this statement.

Now but all of a sudden because i wrote it its all wrong and only muppetry.
    It seems to be a lose lose situation for me.

Regards netwhizkid

netwhizkid wrote:
    Yep i'm always in the minority yes nearly always, Example George W. Bush is a bad leader and is a war criminal. Most people on boards would agree with this statement.

Now but all of a sudden because i wrote it its all wrong and only muppetry.
    It seems to be a lose lose situation for me.

Regards netwhizkid

Whats your point here? As I said above, we may agree with this statement, but you have made no effort to say why you think this...?

emm good point, i was just testing out if suddenly everyone would disagree with me, as was so common when i was in school, as i used to say back then, "I know i'm right, but i could be wrong" Anyway i'm sorry for keeping ye i was just trying to make conversation, anyway good night.
    NB i'm logging off now, and going offline. It isn't for me to say what anyone can and can't do or say, thats what nazis do and for a bit i was beggining to sound like one.

Regards netwhizkid

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I don't think boards should be used to discuss drugs ie SCUM , MODS TAKE NOTICE, Drugs are one of the main causes of crime in Ireland why should anyone want to have anything to do with them or anyone who has anything to do with them.

Regards netwhizkid

Why do I imagine a tiny squeaky voice going "Stop, stop ,stop that at once, it's bad" jumping up and down as 6 bigger kids all take sips from the same beer can :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

netwhizkid wrote:
    but i just simply feel that drugs are a scourge of modern society
    netwhizkid, please stop discussing drugs all the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

don't knock em till you've tried them.

apologies to all for any offence caused, I assure you none was intended

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Trojan wrote:
    Maybe he was, or maybe it's something that's had a negative effect on his family or friends. Whatever.

Gordon, can you close this thread please?

Cheers,
    Al.
    Yeah, I'll close it soon, just got some things to do first, thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by Gordon
    Yeah, I'll close it soon,

Lock the thread if you wish, i made my point about the issue, and well basically thats that !

Regards netwhizkid

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well, lets wait an undetermined while longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

netwhizkid wrote:
    i made my point about the issue, and well basically thats that!
    Given that your point on the issue is that people shouldn't be allowed to express their point on the issue isn't that hypocrisy, bordering on paradox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I like Vexorg and his style.

Yeah, down with the noobie bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Right ok,
    Firstly , Discussion of drugs is and never will be illegal (they cant take that away from us!) and if its you dont like the discussion of drugs dont clikc on the threads. Problem solved.
    Secondly , you sound like a young know-it-all who has the answers to everything. You dont. Give it over. Drugs are there to help some of us escape from the day to day trials and tribulations that some call life. I for one cant wait for the weekend to come along when I can go out with a few good friends and get out of my face, not kill anybody , not rob anybody and have have a fùcking great time. If you dont like it well then thats your fault.
    This board is here for opinions not for judgements. Me, along with a number of people on this board are outstanding members of society and just ebcause we like to discuss how we escape from life doesnt mean you have to come along and complain about it.
    Get a Life, Do some Drugs.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ILOVEYOU

LOL. I'm sure you're going to have a real fun time in full time education for the next whatever years!

I can just picture you walking to the knackers down the back of the bus. PUT THAT SPLIFF OUT!!! *smack*

Long live Mordeth! Long live the king!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

Mordeth wrote:
    you are such a ****ing **** dude

This may be off topic, but why has mordeth not been banned for this? I thought personal abuse wasn't allowed on boards :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

you're suggesting calling someone gay is abusive?

homophobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

because, in essence, netwhizkid is acting like a large lump of wood, only suitable for throwing on the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

Mordeth wrote:
    you're suggesting calling someone gay is abusive?

homophobe.

real mature there man :rolleyes:
    because, in essence, netwhizkid is acting like a large lump of wood, only suitable for throwing on the fire.

that's real smart that is. :rolleyes:

Once again boards prevails as a hypocritical piece of shít

Yet again another reason for a legal highs forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

How about "legal lows"? Discussing the legality and practicality of self-harm, depressing music, off-the-counter transquilizing medication, black clothes and sunlight deprivation :)

don't we already have a Rock/Metal board?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

bonzai bob wrote:
    real mature there man :rolleyes:

that's real smart that is. :rolleyes:

Once again boards prevails as a hypocritical piece of shít
    Do not see the hypocrisy in posting on Boards only to complain about it? Why don't you go to P45rant? Seriously, what's keeping you here if it's such a piece of sh!t?

Mordeth wrote:
    don't we already have a Rock/Metal board?
    legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Shabadu wrote:
    Do not see the hypocrisy in posting on Boards only to complain about it? Why don't you go to P45rant? Seriously, what's keeping you here if it's such a piece of sh!t?

Quoted for truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

netwhizkid wrote:
    the After Hours Forum drugs are being discussed
    Cool little dude. I didn't know, but I'm now (and lots of other people) going to go over to it, and check it out. Oh, and puff the magic dragon, little dude:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement