Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastpath and Eircom

• 06-05-2005 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

probably a questions already asked 1001 times... however, here it goes again.

I finally got broadband in from Eircom and the package i signed up to is the standard home user package which as low interleaving resulting in gaming pings of arround 40... not quite as good as ISDN (which I know doesn't use interleaving) but then it can handle more players.

So, here is the q: what can I do to get fastpath activated as I really want that 10 ping many of my mates are telling me about... will moving providers to BT do the trick?

Live in a village in Co. Cork.

Thanks in advance for your help,

The Duke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

10 ping?
    I don't see many with a ping that low, wether it's a UK or Irish server.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

my mates in Germany told be about it... they swear by it... so it is more of a Deutsche telecom thing... I still would like to get interleaving switched off and see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

TheDuke wrote:
    my mates in Germany told be about it... they swear by it... so it is more of a Deutsche telecom thing... I still would like to get interleaving switched off and see how it goes.

to get 10 ping you need to be in the room beside the server !!! or a fibre connection !!

The best you'll get to UK on any Irish ISP is arounf 20 - 30 with IBB

Foget it m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Eircom will not switch off Interleaving. Only the BT business packages use fastpath, but you have to be near a BT exchange to get it. They don't provide it through eircom exchanges. Check here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

With eircom? You're even lucky to have broadband, I'd suspect they'd laugh down the phone at you if you asked.

If Smart ever come to your area they said they do it. Subject to some T&C's though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

tnx guys... give that it took 3 years to get broadband to my village I won't go holding my breath on this one then ... :D

Advertisement