Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exam Report

• 06-05-2005 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone do the history exam today? I surprised myself and actually think I did OK. My hand was killing me as I wrote loads. I spent too much time on question 1. The new format for that exam was great though. There was so much choice available. All in all it wasn't too bad. Now I have this poxy philosophy exam tomorrow. :mad:

Oh BTW, the girl I said I would talk to told me she has a boyfriend. Looks like I'm still on the market ladies. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Is this board turning into your own personal blog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I kinda doubt she has a bf from what you have said before about her......why would she lie????? Why would she do such a thing?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is this board turning into your own personal blog?

Of course not! Although now that you mention it I have been wondering about what I should do over the summer. I promised Little Joey I'd take him to New York and we'd see the Empire State building. He had told me of his dreams to go there after that unforgettable party at the old McCloskey house. Oh what a crazy night that was...oops I'm doing it again. I take your point Craig Helpless Voice. Perhaps I should start my own blog...

padser, twas no lie. It was the cold and painful truth. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

maybe she is jsut playing hard to get?????? or maybe she is a lesbian......either way iv got the solution.

Break into her house and be naked on the sofa when she arrives home. if she doesnt want you there and then at least you have a great story to tell your friends.......and nothing will ever embarress you again !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Don't worry about what Truckle thinks. He could put you on his ignore list if you really bored him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I did history today too, twas a good paper! I love the new wideness of it. Sorry my tips for the Irish revolution were crap, his questions were pretty mean so I stayed away from them! My hand was killing me too and I wrote loads but managed to leave about 15 mins early, so proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

No, I can't, I can't moderate a board properly if I can't see every post.

And i never said i was bored by his posts, I was just commenting on the fact that many of his posts are like those you might see in a blog.

beanyb wrote:
    I did history today too, twas a good paper! I love the new wideness of it. Sorry my tips for the Irish revolution were crap, his questions were pretty mean so I stayed away from them! My hand was killing me too and I wrote loads but managed to leave about 15 mins early, so proud!

Is paper 2 just as wide does anyone know? What revolutions did you write about beanyb? I left out the American one as I know very little about it. The Brits didn't win that one did they?

padser, I'll consider your suggestion as plan B. ;)

I did the American and the French. Paper 2 is even wider, did you not see the sample paper? it's so great. There's 4 sections, one on each section of the course. Each section has 6 questions. We have to do 3 questions altogether. And there's dead certs to come up in eachs section

1. Fall of Rome has to come up in some shape or form.
    2.Cult of St. Patrick, and loads more, she basically told us the questions!
    3.Abelard and Heloise and how it shows the 12th cent. renaissance
    4. Apparently Dublin as a case study

beanyb wrote:
    I did the American and the French. Paper 2 is even wider, did you not see the sample paper? it's so great. There's 4 sections, one on each section of the course. Each section has 6 questions. We have to do 3 questions altogether. And there's dead certs to come up in eachs section

1. Fall of Rome has to come up in some shape or form.
    2.Cult of St. Patrick, and loads more, she basically told us the questions!
    3.Abelard and Heloise and how it shows the 12th cent. renaissance
    4. Apparently Dublin as a case study

No I didn't see the sample paper. Dublin as a case study? What would that involve? Is that part of the course the one in which that guy would tell us all about walls? Wow that was dull. :)
    I missed alot of those lectures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

History 1 went better than I thought it would, which is to say that it was a disaster, but I managed to write for two hours (it takes me an awfully long time to write nothing).

Is Dublin as a case study definatly going to come up?
    Cos what I head was that either Dublin OR Ghent OR Venice would be up.

I dunno if it's definite, I just heard it off a friend. It is the course about walls, i'm leaving it out since I missed most of those lectures too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

beanyb wrote:
    It is the course about walls,

Jesus... Nice to know UCD's History course is becoming more obscure with each passing year... :rolleyes:

Twas much simpler in my day... Er, last year...

SebtheBum wrote:
    Jesus... Nice to know UCD's History course is becoming more obscure with each passing year... :rolleyes:

Twas much simpler in my day... Er, last year...

How did you find the second paper? I'm not very good at the medieval stuff...

I was terrible at it too. That paper really dragged down my overall mark last year (along with my lack of coursework).

But anyway, twas a different course last year, called Colonies and Empires. But there were similarities. St. Patrick is on your course innit? Study that, it should come up. Eh... I'm out. I dunno what else is on your course.

SebtheBum wrote:
    I was terrible at it too. That paper really dragged down my overall mark last year (along with my lack of coursework).

But anyway, twas a different course last year, called Colonies and Empires. But there were similarities. St. Patrick is on your course innit? Study that, it should come up. Eh... I'm out. I dunno what else is on your course.

Yeah I think I'll place my trust in St. Paddy.

Good old Paddy is definetly going to come up, she said it would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

If any first year is thinking of taking history in second year I would recommend (if you like early medieval stuff) that they take Elva Johnston's course. She is very helpful and approachable and much better in smaller classes than the mega-lecture scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭moynihan

If you're interested in medieval avoid alva johnson like the plague. Take Edward Coleman's Crusades course. Best course i've ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

moynihan wrote:
    If you're interested in medieval avoid alva johnson like the plague. Take Edward Coleman's Crusades course. Best course i've ever done.

I suppose every cripple has his own way of walking, but I found her great. Is Coleman not retiring or something?

• Advertisement

Depends what you're more interested in.

Me, I'm into British history, and specifically modern British history. So I did 20th Century Britain for the 1st choice course, and Britain and European Integration 1945-1990 for the 2nd.

Dr Richard Aldous who took 20th Century Britain is without doubt the best lecturer I've known in my (brief) time here, and I loved every minute of that course. Plus he's dead sound, and easy to get a hold of outside of lectures etc.
    Toomey who took the GB and EEC course seemed boring and slow during the lectures (god they seemed to go on for an eternity), but when ya sat down to revise the course in March/April the notes were so well laid out that it was easy to study and cram for the exam. So kudos to her. :D

So, all in all, I'm pretty damn pleased wit my choices, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Advertisement