Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaaaaaaggggh

Options
  • 06-05-2005 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

as i cram for my next exam, i was just thinking, wouldnt it be nice if they actually put notes on blackboard.

i mean, its not like thats what its for or anything

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

All my notes are on Blackboard. What courses are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

:D;):p:) :rolleyes: :o :mad: :( :eek: :cool: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

lateasever wrote:
    as i cram for my next exam, i was just thinking, wouldnt it be nice if they actually put notes on blackboard.

i mean, its not like thats what its for or anything
    Ah no, where's the challenge in that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

sigh, im tired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I know, instead they have to be scabby and put them in the su where we have to pay! We're poor little students here!!! Hardly any of mine are on blackboard. My maths lecturer is a legend with everything we could ever need for her course on blackboard. Makes studying it so much easier!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

This might cheer people up!
    It did me anyway:

http://www.extremefunnypictures.com/funnypic556.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

beanyb do you do maths studies?

This might cheer people up!
    It did me anyway:

http://www.extremefunnypictures.com/funnypic556.htm

That dog is a legend! and yes.... I do maths studies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

What year you in?

beanyb wrote:
    That dog is a legend! and yes.... I do maths studies

oh right cos i know people who do it and i remember them saying that their lecturer was great. They're pretty stressed bout their calculus exam tomorrow though

• Advertisement

I think the calculus exam will be mostly ok... (hopefully) it's the other one I'm worried about.

oh yeah numerical methods or something yeah? its pretty similar to my algebra course and thats what im worried about too

I'm hoping to do really well in calculus that it'll pass me even if i fail the 2nd paper. It's doubtful though. I've no time to cram for it either. I've an exam on monday, two on thursday and maths on friday!

yeah thats a tough schedule but hopefully it'll go well.
    good luck with the exam tomorrow by the way :)

cheers! i be needing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Aw, kitten killer that cheered me up so much. Goddamnit, tomorrow is Saturday-wtf is the deal with fudging exams on a Saturday?!?!?!grrr....oh lordy my Italian history aint ups to scratch at all, at all, at all, meh few hrs online will sort all...stupid exams.. :mad:

We should get special marks for actually getting up on Saturdays and going to exams-I'm foregoing my Saturday morning hangover here ppl, c'mon!!!grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good luck tomorrow everyone!
    And yes, whoever decided that exams on Saturdays were a good idea deserves pain. If I was actually doing my exams I would have had fluid dynamics tomorrow...yuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

to the OP, wasn't they're copyright issues with stuff on bb? if a lecturer puts stuff on bb, it becomes copyright and therefore property of the college etc. etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

is hosting their own website if they don't like the college copyright such a big problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I was talking to one of my lecturers after the exam and he said they used to lectures on Saturday. Apparently Maths used to be on at 9am on Saturdays. Ouch. And anyone in science knows the chemistry department loves 9am lectures, but if due to this modularisation thing, lots of people want to do chemistry, 8am lectures. So glad I'm not doing chemistry anymore.

I agree with Red Alert, only mentally challenged monkey couldn't make a website with notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

8 am lecturers :eek: I'm getting out of here at the right time! :D Exam today went okay, but now I'm getting sleepy (got all of 3 hours sleep last night) Also saw Kas in the RDS, although it looked like he was walking towards the exit door! (it was only 9:20!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Sarn

What about the old-fashioned method of actually going to lectures so you don't need blackboard? :rolleyes:

By the way good luck to all of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Sarn wrote:
    What about the old-fashioned method of actually going to lectures so you don't need blackboard? :rolleyes:

By the way good luck to all of you.

Im many of my couses it'a simply not possible to take notes.
    Either the leacture is too intense or terse or plain confusing that concentrating on writing would waste far too much time.

If there's a problem with copyright then do what the stats dept (paul nolan anyway) does and put the notes on a different server.

Advertisement