Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox Problems

Options
  • 06-05-2005 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Is anyone having problems with firefox, I am having huge problems with it crashing when it tries to load java applets, all other windows that are open crash aswell, ( it also crashes on a single window)

I have the latest update, does anyone have a solution as I am having to use IE ,
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭irishgeo

have you the latest version and the latest version of java. Try a complete uninstall of firefox. You wont lose your profile as its not stored in the program files. Then reinstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Did you uninstall the previous version of Firefox before installing the latest version?
    The Firefox installs aren't updates they're fresh installs.
    Also, do you have any dodgy extensions installed that might be causing the problem?

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 CapatalisimCod

It went down again last night, this time it wouldnt even open, I checked processes and memory usage was up in the 20 thou range, fresh install managed to correct everything, was really trying to avoid it as to find out the real problem, not to worry as I dont have to use IE anymore, cheers everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

I still have IE on my machine and for some sites you need it (windowsupdate etc.).
    But I also found that many downloads using Firefox are corrupt - and I hvae to use IE to download them :( Does anyone else find this or is it just me?
    It's happened with Fireforx 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, & 1.0.3. I use the US version; I have no extensions installed.

Machine is a P4, 768MB RAM; running WinXP-SP2, ZoneAlarm, DUMeter, Norton; on an ntl 750/128 connection.

causal

Advertisement