Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuration question

• 06-05-2005 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Have searched through this forum to see if I could find an answer, but with no luck so hopefully someone can answer it for me.

I am connected to IOL Plus with all the standard equipment.
    Anyways I was trying to test the latency on my connection by using ping however pings and tracerts won't go beyond my LAN ip address (192.168.0.1). After that it just times out.

Now I can surf the web fine, everything seems to be set correctly - yet I have this problem. One thing that does confuse is that I don't seem to have a default gateway on the WAN side (it just says MyISP)

Does someone know what I can do to be able to ping and tracert

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

imply do the following:

Go to the set-up of your router @ 192.168.1.1 . Once you're in, click on Security, now unselect the PING option and update the settings

Restart your modem and you should now be able to ping sites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drumbo

imply do the following:

Go to the set-up of your router @ 192.168.1.1 . Once you're in, click on Security, now unselect the PING option and update the settings

Restart your modem and you should now be able to ping sites!

Thanks a mil. Tried that earlier but forgot to restart the router.

Advertisement