Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best take-away pizza

• 06-05-2005 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Tonight, I came to the conclusion that Domino's do the best take away pizza in the land. I've tried them all (well, most of them) and I am now ready to settle down and stick with my dominos. What do you think?

P.S. I apologise if I have overlooked any glaringly obvious pizza places in the poll

Who makes the best take away pizza? 93 votes

Domino's
    0% 0 votes
    Godfather's
    54% 51 votes
    Four Star
    18% 17 votes
    Apache
    10% 10 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    16% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

YEAH.. DOMINOS.. they should market there tomato sauce.. as a soup.. it's that damn nice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Four Star Hot&Spicy is unbeatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I think, overall Godfathers is the best. Although I do like 4* and Dominos.

Also, Godfathers chicken dipper thingys are (for want of a better word) sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've got to go with Dominos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Godfathers, without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dominos. Vegetarian Supreme with extra cheese. Yummmmmmmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

domino's without a doubt.got one in drumcondra last night mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...with wedges and barbecue sauce ....drool....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Stix

Dominos all the way - a mate of mine insisted on ordering a Godfathers one nite. They sent out what resembled a frozen pizza. I dontmind some frozen pizzas, but when you pay gourmet prices you expect gourmet food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

It's gotta be "Pizza Top" on Stephen's St. Lower in the city centre. Beautiful pizza, brushed with olive oil. I highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

while i would say domino's BUT Godfathers owns a special place in my heart. It was a nearby pizza place to my boarding school when younger, and nothing beat the thrill of sneaking out an order and collecting it (Like The great escape...search lights and all) and the reward, that glorious garlic bread, the not so great chips and the amazing double cheese and peperoni pizza...all for a respectable price when split between two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

It's Godfathers by a long way. You haven't lived until you've tried it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What about piza hut, nicest ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Buffalo apache is the shiznet, haven't tried dominos yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

This is ALL wrong. Go to Independant Pizza on Drumcondra. That's the best take-away pizza. There's also a new place in the IFSC which come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Apache of course. The buffalo or wigwammer with chilli dip on the side - unbeatable.

Four-star is disgusting. Whenever I had it in the past it was always very dry and tasted stale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

four star is way too over rated and dry. dominos TEXAS BBQ is savage!!
    but theres a place down here in cork called Uncle petes. Deadly buzz!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Apache and dominos etc are disgusting.. The only half decent one is Four Star Pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭OhPinchy

Millers pizza on baggot street - its pizza but not as you know it. their thai green chicken curry pizza is the nicest food I've had in Dublin end of story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Pizza's n' Cream in Bray is the best. Freshly made authentic Italian pizza. The likes of Domina's and Four Star taste like rubber compared too it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Sarsfield wrote:
    Four Star Hot&Spicy is unbeatable.
    I agree, food of the Gods, even tastes nice the next morning when eaten cold and for breakfast!

I can't understand why people like Dominos, maybe it's my local outlet, but it tastes slightly chemical and dry.

Best ever was Clare's in Clondalkin, but they are take out only these days. Their chille pizza is the ultimate hang-over cure!

Recommended eat-in's would be Pizza-Hut, with Milanos/Pizza Express coming a close second.

Anyone check out Pinheads on the SCR? It's been around since the 70's and has a cult status, but I've never checked it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

That Garlic and Herb Sauce dip that comes with Domino's pizzas!!

I love the stuff. As for the pizzas, there all okay, not great to be honest, but what can you expect when they're tryin to get it to you in less than 40mins!

__

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

does that after 40minutes its free policy actually work? I had dominos show up over an hour late and they denied the free meal deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    does that after 40minutes its free policy actually work? I had dominos show up over an hour late and they denied the free meal deal.

You got done out of a free pizza then, Its happened before to a mate of mine, and he got his pizza free.

I personally wouldn't bother demanding it, as a percentage may come out of the drivers wages, and a nasty comment may well be put on your account...... i.e. " Spit on his pizza "

Although I'm sure they'd never dream of such a thing! lol

__

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Buttmunchy

I'd say Domino's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Mazoni biggesnt pissza in ireland the waggon wheel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Pizza's n' Cream in Bray is the best. Freshly made authentic Italian pizza. The likes of Domina's and Four Star taste like rubber compared too it.
    listen to this man, he's speaking the truth.

four star are mank they don't even cook a pizza the way they are meant to, they stick it on a convere-belt and pass it through an oven. :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

This is ALL wrong. Go to Independant Pizza on Drumcondra. That's the best take-away pizza. There's also a new place in the IFSC which come close.
    Damn straight!!! Dont know about the Godfathers but the other pizza places in the poll don't even come close. Mizzoni's and Pizza Top also hold a special place in my cheese clogged heart... :D I find Domino's 4 star and Apache's pizzas to be to thick. And Dominos has the poxy gritty flour on it.
    There is a great spot in Clonsilla village, called Ravellos. New-ish spot, great pizza, cheap enough too. mmmmmmm pizza for breakfast i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Dominos = pleugh

Pronto Pizza in Blanchardstown & Home Delivery Pizza in Belfast make the best deliverable pizzas, but Minnoni's wagon wheels are also good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Davey is right, if you're in delivery distance give them a shot, pricey but by far the best pizza you'll ever get to your door!

You can eat in the actual place too.

Advertisement