Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best take-away pizza

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

But dominos is ruler of the all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

This is ALL wrong. Go to Independant Pizza on Drumcondra. That's the best take-away pizza. There's also a new place in the IFSC which come close.

True, but there's only one of them! that 40minutes thing doesn't happen, i used to workin Dominos drumcondra, it's just a myth from American TV.

However I do feel if your pizza's cold you should be able to demand a refund\new pizza. Don't know how many places would take that though

On topic I reckon Dominos pizzas are the best mainstream delivery place, but they're over-priced\tiny and the drivers are nearly always late.

Mizzoni's damn good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This is ALL wrong. Go to Independant Pizza on Drumcondra. That's the best take-away pizza. There's also a new place in the IFSC which come close.

I've also been to Ind. P, very nice indeed. I'm not too sure which is nicer between them and Pizzas N' Cream in Bray though. Ind Pizza have a wide variety of toppings but the base etc in Pizzas N' Cream is excelente.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Godfather's pizza is delicious and it always arrives really quickly and piping hot. I love their Meal Deals where you get so much food for next to nothing. They also used to have student Tuesday where you could get 10% off your pizza and a second one for half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

anyone encountered mizzoni's?
    its too good. they now do a wagon wheel pizza which is like 20" or something.
    Im hungry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

cormie wrote:
    Davey is right, if you're in delivery distance give them a shot, pricey but by far the best pizza you'll ever get to your door!

You can eat in the actual place too.

Solid and very tasty....

Have to admit the expression of suprise that people are singing the praises of the chains, they're muck, pure and simple.

Bistro Bianci in ranelagh, and sligo and somewhere else.

Decent selection of take away wines,

Complimentary coffee while you wait for your pizza.

The pizza's are magnificent and tasty (though the chili minced pork is to be avoided) and the side dishs are superior (buffalo wings and stuffed jalepeno's worth the price alone).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Good man besty, the lack of Mizzoni mention in this thread is shocking. Great pizza for a decent price, and they are generous with the toppings

Dominos- Tasty enough, but I never order from them because my local one is tight as a camels hole in a sandstorm when it comes to toppings. Besides that, Mizzonis is better value

Other honourable mentions
    Pronto Pizza in Blanch are quite tasty
    Theres a place in Dunshaughlin, think its called Pizza Mia, sweet jaysus. If im ever passin thru in the car I always stop for one, and its only something like 8.50 for a 12 inch ham and mushroom. The ham is the tastiest ive ever had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,259 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Mizzoni's fan here too. Their current offer is fantastic as well: a twelve inch pizza with 3 toppings, garlic bread and a coke for €9 delivered to your door :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Where does the best "Italian style" pizza. Not a huge fan of the grease balls you get in some places or the excessive dough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

youve gotta be totally binned to truely enjoy delivered pizza

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Dominos by miles, tried most of em, but nothing beats a full house dominos with wedges and all the dips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

this summer, I will be working in a pizza place in the usa called..
    dum-da-da-dum-dum-duuumm...

Atari jaguar's

I kid you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Domino's without a doubt..very nice indeed.......... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

yeah have to admit domino's can't be beaten but my local Da Vinci's comes close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

domino's way too greesy , plus the staff are completely ignorant and rude, (waterford brach that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

TOPDAWG wrote:
    dominos TEXAS BBQ is savage!!
    Oh yes ... it is so yummy :D

It's been a long time though since I had Dominos, it was one of those things that I'd treat myself to once in the blue moon. Haven't had one in over a year now though. I must fix that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

my god. have any of you sheep who voted for dominos ever tried godfather's,,, or apache for that matter.
    there is no comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭samo

I had Godfathers recently....wasnt impressed to be honest, especially the chips, ROTTEN compared with domino's wedges.

Whoever mentiond the garlic and herb dip, I'm with you 100%, stuff is pure bliss!

Jeez, I'd love a pizza right now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Dominos but actually,Di Fontaines (or whatever ya call it) in eamonn doran's deliver now and that's the nicest pizza ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Gotta be Rebel Pizza from Maynooth! Best pizza ever! by far! in the world!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

samo wrote:
    I had Godfathers recently....wasnt impressed to be honest, especially the chips, ROTTEN compared with domino's wedges.

Whoever mentiond the garlic and herb dip, I'm with you 100%, stuff is pure bliss!

Jeez, I'd love a pizza right now!!
    why did you put chips on your pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Apache all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Dominos definitely, I don't like the idea of that pizza with the extra layer of cheese in the middle though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

ah the best is from king pizza in windy arbour, 22 euro delieverd gets me garlic bread, 2 starters, a 16" pizza, and 4 cans of whatever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Four Star...... but I work there so im biased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Nobody else like Mizzoni's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

kernel...umm...yes...read the posts above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

Tha Gopher wrote:
    the lack of Mizzoni mention in this thread is shocking. Great pizza for a decent price, and they are generous with the toppings

I ordered a Meaty Mizzoni about a month ago. It arrived and I was charged for it and it had NO topping at all except tomato and cheese. I'll never order from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

4 star, apache and all the rest of those conveyor belt jobs have nothing in common with real pizza, if ever in Drogheda try La Pizzeria, eat in only but exellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Kernel wrote:
    Nobody else like Mizzoni's??

Since moving to Navan, I had to put up with Apache Pizza ... whilst nice, wasn't offering the nyomage that was Mizzonis!!

And then it happened ... Mizzonis opened 5 minutes from my house \o/ ... Hot & Spicy Wagon Wheels in copious amounts please :D

Advertisement