Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dwarf Pilot in the US (old)

• 06-05-2005 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

Red Dwarf Pilot in the US - just manged to get my hands on it and my god is it poor. So cr*p its funny. Quality is poor but the acting is evern worse. Anyone that can get there hands on it watch it to know how lucky we are.

Nukem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Yea. Downloaded it a few years ago. It's really really bad. Didn't even watch it all. The way Rimmer talked to the camera at the start... Wtf was that??? Really terrible.

Edit: Apologies. My fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I got it recently too, christ :D It's incredibley poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭monaghanforsam

red dwarf is class if its the one that there on a space craft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

There were 3 pilots made weren't there?

One with Daphne from Frasier as Holly

Only seen the bits that were on the series V dvd but it looked bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

steveland? wrote:
    One with Daphne from Frasier as Holly

That's the one I saw, they had the real Kryten though, it was still absolutley hopeless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tehuti

I may be the last RD fan on the planet to have not seen the US pilot. Can someone tell me where I can go to download it? Last night I was watching the documentary about it on the Series VI Dvd and now I'm curious.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

na i aint seen it either but iv a mad morbid curiousity bout seeing it, wer can you get it/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Download only, im sure u'll find it somewhere... I have it somewhere if i find it i'll stick it on a cd for ye n post it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It's horrible all right, it really shows up the differences between intelligent British humour and entertainment-for-the-masses yank 'humour'. It's made all the more inexcusable with the fact that intelligent American comedy not only exists, but can be very popular (Futurama, SNL, um.... Frasier?...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Redneck_Rebel

The first 3 series of red dwarf were the best from there it started to go stale. The last series was only middle of the road, don't get me wrong I like it but it was no match for the earlier series. If the film for this side of the atlantic gets made I'd say it would be great for people who haven't seen the early stuff. But compared to that EH.

And WTF was Craig Charles thinking a taxi driver in corri. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement