Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gamecube Games

Options
  • 07-05-2005 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Just recently got a gamecube and just wondering what the best games for it are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

resident evil 4,zelda the windwaker,resident evil 4,pikmin 2 and emmmm resident evil 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Mario Golf... fun!

But seriously... Metroid Prime 1 and 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just a few of the games from my collection that i wouldn't dream of parting with;
    Paper Mario 2 is fan****ingtastic... best RPG that i've ever played, and one of the few that i've actually stuck with to the bitter end (even if it does feel extremely kiddy at times)
    Metroid Prime should go without saying. followed by Metroid Prime 2 if you're thirsting for more FPA goodness (which you will be)
    Resident Evil 4 is my game of the year so far...
    Mario Kart DD - superb multiplayer fun. not much more than an afternoon's entertainment to be had in single player mode though...
    Pikmin 2 - superb game. one of the blessed few that have actually made me say something along the lines of "this is some ****ing game!" out loud.
    Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 - vj1 is definitely worth picking up at the stupidly low price it's (possibly still) going for on play.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Cheers, I have Mario DD and Power Tennis both class games. I also have Metroid Prime with plans to get the second, oh and resi 4 is on that list to.
    Keep the suggestions coming

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

F-Zero GX rocks. It's probably the fastest racing game you'll play this generation.
    Also The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, it's at it's best with the full setup of mates and GBAs, but still good single player.
    Super Smash Bros Melee - it gave me my username, I like it that much.
    Super Monkey Ball 1 or 2
    If you like RPGs, Tales of Symphonia or Skies of Arcadia.
    Multiformat stuff - The best version of Soul Calibur 2, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Beyond Good and Evil, TimeSplitters 2 and Future Perfect...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

super smash bros melee - the amount of hours i clocked up on that game... i lost an entire summer to it - cute but sickeningly addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Super Smash Bros Melee, makes me love nintendo even more. Though i never got all the annoying trophies, I think there is 191 or 291 (not sure). I think i was about 4 away. I remember one involved you buying the game Pikmin (sneaky nintendo) and another hitting 5000m's on the baseball game which i managed to do after hour of playing.

Anyway other games for Game Cube i liked are Zelda the wind waker which included 2 verision's of OTT. Just brought a new game called Baten Kaitos
    (turn based RPG) which has a decsent story but where it really shines are it's battles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

singleplayer:
    legend of zelda: the wind waker - the cel-shading graphics really make this game great
    eternal darkness - excellent horror game
    pikmin/pikmin 2 - addictive strategy games, more of the same in second
    f-zero gx - challenging and fun racer
    ikaruga - tough and innovative shoot em up, hard to find
    paper mario - an enjoyable RPG
    viewtiful joe - a bit tough, but rewarding beat-em up

multiplayer: these games are truly rewarding if you can get 4 people around...
    super smash brothers melee - multiplayer fighting game with Nintendo characters
    mario kart:double dash!! - not as good as it could have been, but still good fun!!
    bomberman generations - you bomb people to win. whats not to like?

something different...
    harvest moon - farm simulation game. try before you buy.
    donkey konga - a fairly enjoyable multiplayer game, but requires heavy investment into extra bongos.

huh...from my list it does look lacking in sport games - if you're into sports games the EA titles should be fine for most occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

You could add conflict desert storm to that list not a bad multi-player game at all.

Billy hatcher and the giant egg.
    Metal arms glitch in the system
    Tiger woods 04/05.
    Rogue ops.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

If your a Star Wars fan try Rogue Leader but not Rebel Strike. Very dissapointing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement