Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD/HDD Recorder

Options
  • 07-05-2005 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a Liteon LVW-5045 from here : http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/dvdrecord.html

Has anyone any experience with this recorder? Seems to have gotten good reviews. As far as i can tell it has a vhf/uhf tuner so should work ok in Ireland. Can anyone confirm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I have that. It's good. It's cheaper here though, http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=7325695283&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=79374

But shipping to Ireland from that site is £25

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Only a fiver cheaper. Im not sure how much shipping is from SVP so it may be cheap to go with them. Have to do the maths. How is the tuner in it Lump?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

SVP has free shipping for purchases over GBP 300 so stock up on blank DVDs at the same time. I have this LiteOn - I use the HDD for recording a security camera via the Scart so I don't know (as yet) if the tuner does what you want. However I have had no difficulties so far and would recommend it. The HDD is a massive 160 Gb. Have a look at this thread LiteOn. I also had some questions about setting it up originally and the help desk which is based in Limerick came good with answers that worked for me. :)

No it doesn't have a tuner. Actually..... Yes it does. I've forgotten as I use freeview tbh.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

mbroaders: Have a look at this - it might be of interest to you. LiteOn problems While the contributor cites internet fora as his source, the review of 2 out of 5 in a well known magazine is telling. That said I have had no problems with mine. :)

• Advertisement

I've had no problems what so ever.

John

Well, ordered it on Monday morning.....received it at 9AM today (Tuesday).
    Just playing with it now, seems grand. The tuner seems acceptable but i may need to fine tune some of the stations as they are a little grainy. Timeslip function works perfectly.

Ordered from SVP, got free shipping and was still able to use the £5 off code to bring the price down a bit more.

Just a quick update. Have fine tuned the channels and there is no difference now between the quality going straight into the tellie and coming from the recorder. Excellent stuff. Chuffed with this piece of kit at the mo'.

Advertisement