Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st bday. want something special

Options
  • 07-05-2005 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

hi there.

wonderin if ye have any ideas for me to get my kid for his first birthday?

myself and his mother split about 6 months ago. i live in the uk now. but im going back to see him for his bday.

i was thinking of something like a silver bracelet engraved in irish saying
    "i love you alex, ill always be here for you"

not 100% sure tho. anyone else got any ideas?
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

That is a good idea.. so long as you mean it!! however, I would ask his mom to put it away for him until he is a bit older. you would need to get him some toy as well.. I always think there is great play value in sand.. does he have a little sand pit in his garden? Also, give him a pic of you and him,, nice frame. it will help him remember you. Hope you and his mom can still be friends.. it will make it easier for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

The bracelet and photo are good ideas - and I'd get something that he can play with too.
    In my experience with kids and presents it's always good to have something they can play with or enjoy straight away. They tend not to appreciate the more sentimental and meaningful gifts - totally understandable of course - it's usually only when they're a lot older that sentimental items mean anything.

Does he have a favourite tv character: Barney, Bear in the Big Blue House, Thomas The Tank, Bob the Builder, etc. - maybe a cuddly toy of his favourite.

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

i bought a star in the sky for mine its a fictional thing but u get to name the star and all the rest its only about 50 euro and it even points out a star in the sky and tells you thats urs but its mainly the taught for a one yr old it might be a little yound best to probably wait till story telling yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

How about a set of cufflinks. That'd be cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

causal wrote:
    The bracelet and photo are good ideas
    Totally agree. We all have a present that we got when we were born, or on our 1st birthday. So the bracelet is a good idea.
    causal wrote:
    Does he have a favourite tv character: Barney, Bear in the Big Blue House, Thomas The Tank, Bob the Builder, etc. - maybe a cuddly toy of his favourite.
    Likewise, as above, mostly the toy is a cuddly toy.

=-=

OT, but I hope your still paying the weekly/monthly sum to the mother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Buy a garden toy he can sit up at and stand at, then throw it out and give him the box.

:)

kdjac

Advertisement