Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extra bits after/during credits?

• 07-05-2005 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

When I go to a film I like to see the whole thing. It would be rear for me to leave for a minute to use the toilet etc. and def. unheard of for me to leave and get nachos/sweet (why do these ppl do that?).

So that means I like to see the extra bits that are at the end of the movie during/after the credits. i think Shrek 2 had a good thing and I've heard on this thread that HG2G had something extra too. I've no interest in reading thru the credits etc. or waiting around after the film is over unless there is actually something to wait for. So my question is:

Is there a website that tells you whether a cinema release has some extra bits to wait around for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

A mate of mine always stays til the end of the credits anyway, even if he knows there's no extras. He loves his films and likes to read every name in the credits. I always ended up waiting with him and now i too can't get enough of those scrolling white words on a black screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yeah, well i don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭monaghanforsam

shrek 2 had donkey and dragon babies in it and i missed it so i had to wait till it came out on dvd and i rented it out just to see the babies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I usually don't stay but I remember staying to the very end of Lemony Snickets because the credits had some great artwork (or was an animation?) and a score by Thomas Newman. Anyway it was cool.

Wouldn't sit thru 5 mins of boring b+w credits in the hope that there might be some throwaway joke as a reward tho. Wouldn't sit thru that even if I DID know there was something coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

you can usually tell by the type of film.

Most CGI films do it.

Comedies (esp outlandish ones) tend to do it.

Was disapointed that the LOTR and kill bill didnt have a teaser for next film, like how reloaded did.

actually now that i think about it, apart from reloaded only comedies and animated films do it, so its a safe bet when your seeing something like kingdom of heaven or the interperter that there wont be anything.

You can check the forums of IMDB, if the film was released in the USA first or your not seeing it on opening weekend someone would mention if there is something in th credits (but they could also ruin the film for you)

EDIT: My mistake. House on haunted hill did it too. So maybe some cheesy horror films do it too.

If your with a friend start discussing the film and use the credits as a basis to complain (i.e that actor was crap, the cinematographer needs a raise etc etc) to pass the time while you wait.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Easiest way to find out is look up the movie on IMDB and click the Crazy Credits link in the Fun Stuff section. If the movie's been out for a short bit in a reasonably-sized market, such as the UK or US, it'll have the details of any unusual credit sequence there. For example, clicking here reveals the post-credits sequence for Hitch-hikers.

Of course, if you don't want to actually know what happens, just check to see if crazy credits exist and just don't read them...

I remember sitting through 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets', all 12 minutes of credits, hoping for something at the end. I was rewarded, even if the group of people outside weren't as happy... And similarly for 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.

BlitzKreig's rule of thumb is a reasonably good one and I've commented on the staff just as he has, to pass the time. With the examples quoted above, you can't always pin down what will, and what won't, have a post-credit sequence. For example, the off-the-wall movie 'Blueberry' has a short post-credit sequence. Or take 'Aliens' where, with the final credits rolling, you can hear the sound of an egg hatching. In general though, it's limited primarily to off-the-wall comedies (Ben Stiller vehicles) or CGI stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

ok thanks. imdb it shall be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

nice extra bit in dodgeball, all ill say is milkshake!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Dawn of the dead aswell,

But yeah I'd say imdb would be your best bet with the comments on the bottom of the respective movies pages. Just watch out for spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

very funny bit after credits on napoleon dynamite had me in bits laughing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I stayed through the credits of Team America: World Police. I hadn't heard there was going to be anything and I was kinda doubting it myself. Luckily though there was an extra song about how Alec Baldwin sucked which included a little epiloge about what happened to Kim Jong Il after he returned to his planet. Nice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Bugged my friends to stay after Matrix Reloaded and got that lovely Revolutions trailer... worth it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Brock wrote:
    very funny bit after credits on napoleon dynamite had me in bits laughing
    Which wasn't shown here. I knew about this in advance and purposely waited through the credits. Goddamn UGC!

Advertisement