Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding Shopping Cart Facilities to Website?

Options
  • 07-05-2005 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hey!

I will be soon designing a standard website for customers to browse through and purchase a product. This will be my first site designed to incorporate a shopping cart and I'm not sure of the proceedures to follow.

What I need to know is, what is the general way of doing this? My client has mentioned something about getting customers to use a 'merchant bank' to transfer funds before purchase and the customer receives a temporary credit card number which he/she can then use to purchase products on the site.

- Do I need to purchase seperate e-commerce software?
    - Do I need to contract in a developer to set-up the cart?
    - What are the issues to consider regarding security/hosting?

Thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A lot depends on how your client intends to process the payments. If they have a merchant account they should look at Realex for handling the CC transactions for them.
    In terms of shopping carts there are plenty to chose from ranging from the simple to the complex. Some open source ones, like OSCommerce are very popular and many hosting providers offer easy installers for them.

Advertisement