Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no mention of exams thread

Options
  • 07-05-2005 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Started new thread where nobody is allowed mention the E word!So we can have a bit of study relief. Oh and does anyone know something to cook that is cheap-not spaghetti bol,stir fry or pizza. Am cooking dins for a guy in my class after one of the exams for a study session that ive liked for ages so need to impress!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

How about chicken Kiev with potatoes veg and gravy. That's what i just had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Stew, its real easy to make, although it takes ages. But guys generally love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Microwaveable rice and cheese!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Burnt toast. It's my speciality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Besest dish ever, some genius introduced it to me-what u do get fillet of chicken, 3 rashers and cream (additionally add in garlic and mushrooms-but mushrooms are manky so I leave 'em out)....and have it with twist pasta, or penne pasta...hmm

Get garlic, cut up, bung in pan with ickl bit of oill, get fillet, cut it up, bung it in a pan. cook it. Get rashers,(if you like manky mushrooms cut them up and pop them in now) cut them up bung em in the pan after, they cook quickly, then add the cream, stir it for few min......then add it to the pasta.....hmmmm, takes a lil bit of effort, but tis worth it....good ol carbs and protein...hmmm

Or theres always omlettes, or hoola hoops on toast, or my favourite the koka noodle diet....hmmm, just under 3e for a pack-dinner for a week, sweet:)

Or otherwise go to the bbc site and type in delia smith or someone mad like that, and you'll lots of cool stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

sooooooo.......exams...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Alana wrote:
    my favourite the koka noodle diet....hmmm, just under 3e for a pack-dinner for a week, sweet:)

I was gonna suggest them too, you gotta love em! So cheap but yummy! But I doubt they'd impress really though....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Kebabs. They're really easy to do, and taste great. Best of all, 30 minutes in a very hot oven will do the trick!

Also cos the dish i suggested is kinda italiano like, u can get a bottle of wine (go to like local spar or tesco and get cheap stuf 4 like 5e...god I miss living abroad, you can wine soooooo much cheaper there, goddam this country...grr) and get him a lil drunk and take advantage of him....mwha hahahahaha..... :)

Maybe I should have suggested something French then, Parisian stores sell wine for 3 Euro / bottle, and it's actually very very good! Oh the memories!

• Advertisement

Hmmm makes mental note for last day of (insert E-word).....

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Am cooking dins for a guy in my class after one of the exams for a study session that ive liked for ages so need to impress!

how romantic. just buy 2 steaks and some baby potatoes and one of those sauce packs, can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Who needs food when you're going to be eating suasage later...wha wha.

But seriously, cook some chicken and then offer it to him saying 'would you prefer some a leg or a breast?'. Then leer at him suggestively while winking, you'll be bf and gf in no time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I would advice you to cook anything eatable and pour about 2 litres of blue cheese all over it......... yuuuuummmmmmmm bluuuuuueeeee chhhheeeeessseee YUM! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I would advice you to cook anything eatable and pour about 2 litres of blue cheese all over it......... yuuuuummmmmmmm bluuuuuueeeee chhhheeeeessseee YUM! :)

Urgh... I'm throwing up right now at the thought... (Where's the vomiting smiley on boards? There should be one, Dammit! Insert vomiting smiley here)

Ooooohhhh its amazing that the subject of vomiting always comes up when people talk about food. So the real question is who is going to be the 1st person suggesting vomit as the meal? :D

Cheers Alana, that's just what I was lookin for :)

Heeeheeeehee Dave England from Jackass and his omlette...... there you go panda100!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

1 exam down and 1 exam to go. I love this year :D

• Advertisement

Betcha ya think you're some kind of modern Knight Who Says Nee don't ya, OfflerCrocGod?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Well it looks like this is going to be a disaster!so far i will be cooking cheapy noodles with blue cheese all them-i dont think that is the aphrodisiac i was looking for!i think il just buy sumthing frm the indian up the road and pass it off as my own!wow he'll be putty in my hands :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

If you live near UCD don't goto Khan's in Donnybrook - really expensive and substandard food!

Seriously - how hard can 2 steaks be? The sauce you just add milk/water and heat up. Goto the Butchers and get them to pick two nice ones. Buy a cheap tin of mixed herbs and cover 'em with it.
    If you wanna make it look good buy a selection of peppers and simply cut 'em up and fry em till theyre about to go a little brown - great to look at and great to eat. Foolproof.
    If you can't handle that I hope for your sake it's first year living out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

chicken fajitahs!!!! (spelling?) my favourite.

Just buy the El Paso dinner kit, gives you the tortillas, yummy sauce and seasoning.
    All you gotta do is throw some chicken, peppers, sweetcorn etc. etc. into a pan for a bit and then mmmmmmmm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

My speciality is chicken surprise.... steak and chips!! Lovely!! Saute some onions and mushrooms in butter to hide the fact you scorched the meat and if, you grill it, sprinkle some paprika over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Ooooohhhh its amazing that the subject of vomiting always comes up when people talk about food. So the real question is who is going to be the 1st person suggesting vomit as the meal? :D

I've heard some interesting stories about you and that in regard to the last boards beer! ;) You do remeber Maura dont you?!

Oh brilliant, more Zane stories... What happened this time Blondie? Tell All!!!

ALL, I say! :D

Oh yes go on, who's he moved on to now?

panda100 wrote:
    Well it looks like this is going to be a disaster!so far i will be cooking cheapy noodles with blue cheese all them-i dont think that is the aphrodisiac i was looking for!i think il just buy sumthing frm the indian up the road and pass it off as my own!wow he'll be putty in my hands :)

So what happened.......?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yeah, tell tell tell.

Advertisement