Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband - Breeze

• 07-05-2005 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hello People,
    I was just wondering if there is anyone out there using the "fixed"
    wireless broadband from Irishbroad.ie? (Breeze 1or2mb?) I'm on the Sandyford
    road, closer to Dundrum, and since they done something to "Treerock(?) 246"
    mast the RipWave signal has been less then good.

Now, has anyone here changed from the Ripwave product to Breeze -what
    are your comments? More stable? do you notice the 1 or 2mb download speeds?

In general, what's the feedback on Breeze?

BTW: I cannot get ericom.Net ADSL - line not compatible or something.... I
    might try NTL internet - if it's available!

Kindest Regards,
    Joe Leavy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i haven't got breeze but a few people hear will swear by it, just make sure you get the 5.8ghz equipment when you sign up to breeze and you'll be laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

Cremo wrote:
    i haven't got breeze but a few people hear will swear by it, just make sure you get the 5.8ghz equipment when you sign up to breeze and you'll be laughing.

5.8ghz means nothing to me, but I'll ask for it.

BTW: My location, not far past first round-a-bout on the Sandyford Road from Dundrum. Is this a good location for Breeze?

I'm border-line RipWave since they done something, but before they changed anything i had a green signal.

Joe Leavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Cremo wrote:
    just make sure you get the 5.8ghz equipment when you sign up to breeze and you'll be laughing.
    Thats the only gear the use nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You might be on an exchange that's part of Smart's rollout. Not available now, but July/August type of timeframe.

If you have LOS to the Three Rock masts you should be ok, with the usual IBB reliability disclaimers of course. I seem to recall there are quite a few IBB aerials on houses along Sandyford Rd. Look out for diamond-shaped white panels aimed towards Three Rock.

Blaster99 wrote:
    You might be on an exchange that's part of Smart's rollout. Not available now, but July/August type of timeframe.

Samrt? Sorry, I though if I can't get aDSL from ericom then I can't ever get it untill the Ericom lines are changed? Should I go and look at eSat and IOL etc to see if they'll have me?
    Blaster99 wrote:
    If you have LOS to the Three Rock masts you should be ok, with the usual IBB reliability disclaimers of course. I seem to recall there are quite a few IBB aerials on houses along Sandyford Rd. Look out for diamond-shaped white panels aimed towards Three Rock.

ok, I will go for a walk on Sunday evening :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

jleavy046 wrote:
    Samrt? Sorry, I though if I can't get aDSL from ericom then I can't ever get it untill the Ericom lines are changed? Should I go and look at eSat and IOL etc to see if they'll have me?

Smart will be using there own equipment in th exchange, so they are not dependant on Eircoms line tests. Smarts tollerences are higher to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rfoley

I'm thinking of getting faster up-and-download connection and have been considering IBB, but a few people I know have reported nothing but connection problems with it, especially due to very bad bad or very good (rare, I know) weather. Can some people post their experiences of wireless broadband here? Is it as unrelieble as I've been led to believe? My only other option would be Netsources 3mb/256kb connection. I'm prepared to spend up to about 90 euro a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Zoned

I have IBB Breeaze at home and am hooked up to the mast on killiney hill.

I have had one known problem with the connection where it went off for about an hour one saturday afternoon. The problem there was that they cannot be contacted by phone outside office hours. 9-9 I think. Apparently they will read support emails sent to them on a saturday....

I have had no speed problems either. Although I have been looking around for other people in the area with the Antenna and have seen none.

When I got it installed there were 2 inexperienced installers doing it and I had to actually guide them as to where to point the antenna.... there were failed attempts as well to make up the connector as they were not really proficient with the tool used for making the connections.

If you are having problems ring them each time. This is important as they will do nothing unless you annoy them enough.

Zoned wrote:
    I have IBB Breeaze at home and am hooked up to the mast on killiney hill.

Sorry, where is Killiney hill ?! :-(
    Zoned wrote:
    If you are having problems ring them each time. This is important as they will do nothing unless you annoy them enough.

I think that's the same with most companies ? Sadly, "he who shouts loudest gets heard"!

Joe Leavy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have breeze 1MB and never had any problems with it. There was one evening it was slow - but got an email next day (without even asking any questions!!) explaining their equipment had been vandalised or something. Was impressed at how they emailed their customers and explained.

All in all - great service. Have heard ripwave, their other product can be troublesome sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

jleavy046 wrote:
    Sorry, where is Killiney hill ?! :-(
    Joe Leavy

In the dalkey area im connected to the same never had a problem with it :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Zoned wrote:
    Although I have been looking around for other people in the area with the Antenna and have seen none.

I'm on dundela road ( glenageary)
    I don't think there are many people in our area with it most of them have eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Im on IBB 1Mb Breeze package soon to be 2Mb on three rock in the goatstown area connection is always good have had it 3-4 months and have had 4 days where it was running 256-512k but apart from those days its top class. And your closer so if you have LOS then your sorted.

On a side note a house round the corner from me has it too with the old equipment which i was told (20 months ago) when i got a LOS test done was not good enough.

Im on IBB 1Mb Breeze package soon to be 2Mb on three rock in the goatstown area connection is always good have had it 3-4 months and have had 4 days where it was running 256-512k but apart from those days its top class. And your closer so if you have LOS then your sorted.

On a side note a house round the corner from me has it too with the old equipment which i was told (20 months ago) when i got a LOS test done was not good enough.

Thank you. All feedback I have had to date from you all has been 100%. I want to see if NTL is available on Sandyford Rd first, otherwise... IBB here i come.

Joe Leavy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

I am connected to Breeze via Killiney hill.

Okay, speeds do drop occasionally, but it's nothing to moan about. I'm very happy with the service.

Haven't been upgraded to 2Mb yet, but i think i will email and see wen it is happening. i got connected just at the right time to get the upgrade!!!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I wonder what the reaction would be around here if Eircom said "we're gonna upgrade everyone in April" and by the 8th of May only a couple of customers had been upgraded. Just a guess, but probably not "I'm very happy with the service."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

I've got 2Mb Breeze in Galway and even thou i live out in the country and the weather can be very rough. The service has been Great!!! :D . only have it for 3 week's now so can't say much. On irishisptest.com i'm getting 98% QoS

Advertisement