Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Recommendations

• 07-05-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

At the moment I'm sharing ntl broadband using ICS between two pcs. It's starting to get really annoying having to have one pc on in order for the other to have access to the broadband.

Can someone recommend a non wireless router that would suit my needs. I saw this on amazon, is this good enough or are there better/more suitable routers for my needs?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shuichi

Make your own! If you've got any old box lying around (486, Pentium One, anything really) with two NICs in it, then I'd reccommend www.smoothwall.org. You'll need a switch or hub as well of course.

Total setup cost
    Old box €free
    10/100 Switch €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

That router you picked would be perfect for the job.

Unless you want to get one with a modem built in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

if you wanna a non-wired router, Dlink DI-604 does the job alrite with NTL cable modem... I have it running 24hrs, no major headaches (after i did firmware upgrade)... the best part, it is cheap! got it for less than €40... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

This is cheap and small, simple to setup and gives you a simple firewall and more. only €35 SMC Barricade Broadband Router 4P 10/100 switch

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=121673&cks=SPK

Advertisement