Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is not good!

• 07-05-2005 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

My bass is now being listed as having been "delivered" in Spain. I think back to the Doc's story and I'm more than a little worried and pissed off. Please tell me there's something else happening here. For some reason I can't take a screen print of the page, so I'm going to try a link.

USPS Status Page

The number to enter is ED635284074US. Please, any advice or explanation would be a big help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Phone USPS customer service right now. No messing. Call them and demand to know what's going on. Also, call whoever you bought it from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Do you think it might be the same thing that happened to you? I've e-mailed the guy I bought it from, I don't have a number for him. I'll call USPS now.

USPS, when I call them, only have an automated service. They don't even have the facility to talk to a customer services representative. I've e-mailed them, but this is getting more than a little worrying. Doc, did you check the details? Does it seem as though something similar has happened to me as happened to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

You can probably only talk to a hu-man during business hours

It should be business hours there at the moment though, shouldn't it? They're five hours behind us.It's now twenty to nine. Therefore it should be twenty to four there.

• Advertisement

Doc, did you check the details? Does it seem as though something similar has happened to me as happened to you?

With mine I was aware of the wrong address before they even shipped it. They swore that were shipping it to Dublin and when I got the FedEx numer it had a destination which was wrong, so I knew they had ****ed up again immediately.I don't know if there was a destination on your USPS page.

How did you buy this thing? Can you contact the sender now and get more info from them?

I've e-mailed the semder. I got it one eBay and paid for it with a bank draft. There was no destination given in the USPS details, just shipping information to date. There doesn't seem to be a way to get all the information for the package on the USPS site. I've tried calling again but still to no avail. What should I do?

Call ebay and try to get the guys phone number. Explain to them what has happened. They should help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

dont USPS have a base in spain, I suspect that shipping there is cheaper for them. They will probably be sending it to ireland in no time, and that the spain route is probably the most efficient route. Carrage flights to ireland would be rarer so spain would be considered a central hub to europe. Could be a misprint or that the seller sent 2 items and there has been a mix up in the codes.

There's no number on eBay I can call. I've e-mailed USPS and the seller, so hopefully I'll get some results. I'm very worried and pissed off about this.

• Advertisement

astec123: It was listed as being in Spain, then, later, it was listed as being "delivered" in Spain. That's why I worry. I really hope you're right, but I'm afraid I must be sceptical. I had assumed originally that Spain must be the USPS base in Europe.

Thanks Doc. I'm reporting the problem at the moment. Didn't notice that section last time.

No problem. Good luck with it man, I'm sure it'll be sorted out ok.

Thanks Doc. Still haven't got a number for them but I've e-mailed ebay's Customer Support. Hopefully, between all the e-mailing and desperate calling and whatnot I've done, something good will happen. I really hope "delivered" means delivered to whatever courier service will get it from Spain to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Good luck with it, did you get the LP yet? I got me Gibson SG today and it rocks.... woooooooooo!

Nope. Just finished paying for it yesterday. I'm going to call that guy tomorrow and make sure everything's in order. Bags taking a spin of your SG. you entering the Talent Show this year?

Yeah of course! We should do citizen erased for the talent show.... or something like that... i love that song.

Yeah, 'tis a great song. How about Stockholm Syndrome? It's nice and easy and it's huge and heavy too. :) I was thinking of doing something. Haven't figured it out though. you play guitar, I could play bass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

What is the link to the ebay item (the one in question)?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

I've tracked USPS deliveries from the US to Ireland a couple of times. They've always come direct I'm afraid. "Delivered" means it's reached it's final destination.

Contact the seller before involving any one else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

if you have any trouble with eBay support(it's rather slow replying at times) then give me a pm and i'll get the guys phone no. for you.

Was it sent with insurance?

It should be business hours there at the moment though, shouldn't it? They're five hours behind us.It's now twenty to nine. Therefore it should be twenty to four there.
    Sorry, dude. I meant business hours - Monday to Friday.
    AFAIK its the sender who will have to get onto the courrier to sort out any problems. After all he is the one who paid USPS and had all the dealings with them. IMHO this means you need to get onto the seller ASAP.
    My advice is dont get too agressive or paranoid with him at least at first - despite how you understandably may feel - you need him to be on your side to fix up the mistake.
    Best of luck with this and please let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

indeed, if you need to claim insurance then it's the sender who HAS to claim. So just be as nice as possible. As long as it wasn't addressed to the wrong address then they *should* refund the value of the item as you have proof that it wasn't delivered to the appropriate place.

Yeah, 'tis a great song. How about Stockholm Syndrome? It's nice and easy and it's huge and heavy too. :) I was thinking of doing something. Haven't figured it out though. you play guitar, I could play bass.
    Yeah stockholm is class. I dont know if there will be a drummer there though... Cool yeah, use the Warwick when you get it! There are some weird ass chords in stockholm syndrome... I havent figured them out yet, the ones in the official tab book are wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

If you haven't tried to resolve a problem or potential dispute with the Seller first, then Ebay will not entertain your complaint. You might jeopardise your chances of a resolution by contacting Ebay straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

If all else fails we'll get ryanair flights to spain and take the bass by force. I'll have the van ready, Doc you get the passports in order. Everything's going to be ok. Have you seen Proof of Life? They based Russell Crowe's character on me.

But seriously, contact the seller and demand a proper explanation. Ask for him to ring you or for his number.

Try this
    If you have his address you can look up his number in the phone book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

If you haven't the phone no. yet then here ya go

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQtZvbQQsofindtypeZ9

This will provide you with his phone no. and a partial address(as in you won't get his house no. and street, but you'll get stuff like his particular area and state). The rest is up to you.

I think Dave has the full address already because he paid for the bass with a bank draft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Hey freakonaleash, where did you buy your SG? I was thinking of getting one. I was thinking of getting it from music123.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

dave (freakonaleashx) got his sg off the gigsmart f/s section (how are u findin that dave btw) why not try here...they are supposed to be a superb shop and really good to deal wit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

I dont know about that. Japanese? What happens if something goes wrong. It seems a bit safer to order from the states. Plus because of the weak dollar.

It's grand folks. False alarm. He shipped two packages that day, one of which was destined for Spain, and gave me the wrong tracking number. Mine is in Ireland at the moment. :D Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on it. Thanks for all the support though, and I liked John2's suggestion. The same had occurred to me already and I'd mentioned the idea to a couple of very large friends, but it's all good now, and I'll hopefully have a new bass nice and soon! :D

• Advertisement

Phew!
    :p

Damn right! When I read it was in Spain I had a wee bit of an apoplexy. :p

Yeah stockholm is class. I dont know if there will be a drummer there though... Cool yeah, use the Warwick when you get it! There are some weird ass chords in stockholm syndrome... I havent figured them out yet, the ones in the official tab book are wrong

I know it. I'll show you there. It's not actually difficult at all. Pierce'll be there if there's noone else. Not sure how he'd feel about playing a Muse song but he's a damn good drummer if we can convince him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well I'm glad that turned out ok.

Big relief on your part, I must imagine.

You can't imagine how relieved I am. I had a little heart spasm when I read "delivered in Spain".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

:D nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Glad it worked out.....I was starting to feel a bit guilty about teasing you on the other thread!

Yeah, that was a bit dodgy... :p

jcoote wrote:
    dave (freakonaleashx) got his sg off the gigsmart f/s section (how are u findin that dave btw) why not try here...they are supposed to be a superb shop and really good to deal wit
    Yeah i love the SG, I love the neck! its an amazing guitar alright. Has Seymour Duncan and EMG pickups in it too so i think i got a pretty fair deal for €680.

You on MSN dave? How about muscle museum, i love that song. And It sounds sweet with the whammy!

Don't know it, don't have MSN. Damn parental thingummy on the comuter blocks chat programs. :/ We can jam around anyway and see what we play. I've a few original pieces I'd love to try live. No doubt you have too. We could do something like that.

Yeah ive a few pretty cool riffs and ideas... I'll email you muscle museum by muse if you want. Do you have gmail? Or some email a/c with decent storage? Better still, ill upload an mp3 temporarily onto my webspace if you want

I have a gig of storage with Yahoo. Address is david_franklin89@yahoo.co.uk.

Well f*ck that, the muscle museum mp3 on my mp3 player is right protected and i dont have the source disk. Wait a few mins and ill record it again through my soundcard off the mp3 player.

Right click, save as...

Clickity

• Advertisement
Advertisement