Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I be banned (special)

Options
  • 07-05-2005 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hello I am doing my leaving cert this year,
    and as I can not stop surfing this site, despite only signing up this week I would really really apreciate it if I could be banned from all threads except for the Leaving cert sub forum in the societies forum,
    Yours in hope
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

grow a pair of balls and get some willpower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Mourinho's_love

phreak wrote:
    grow a pair of balls and get some willpower
    WTF>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

and as I can not stop surfing this site, despite only signing up this week I would really really apreciate it if I could be banned from all threads except for the Leaving cert sub forum in the societies forum,
    Yours in hope

What a stupid proposal. Even if someone went to the bother of banning you from every forum other than the leavin cert forum, you could easily just click on logout and browse the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Cut the cable into your modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭monaghanforsam

are you serious you want to get banned WTF you at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

*sniff* I smell troll

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Comon guys.. its a bit of a naive request from a self confessed noob who is aware of the addictive powers of boards:) A little respect please. Attacking this poster makes it seem like this is an unfriendly place, not a single word of support or a decent suggestion.

@Mourinho's_love - It would be too much work to ban you from all forums except one, and as "i am man" pointed out at the end of his tirade, you can log out and simply browse as a guest, which would make any work we do to assist you a bit of a waste of time.

Its gning to have to be down to will-power i am afraid. Best of luck with trying to stay away from the other forums, could be as difficult as trying to give up ciggies, maybe bookmark the forum you want to access so you dont have to go thru the stuff that just appears to be more interesting than the leaving cert forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

A few people got themselves banned back from CS for exams at the height of its popularity for a month or so...

So lighten up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Boards is a tempter....... I just enforced myself for my exams.....

But unfortunately its all or nothing.

You could add www.boards.ie to the hosts file temporarily, rendering it impossible for you to access boards whilst leaving the rest of the internet free....

Vexorg wrote:
    Comon guys.. its a bit of a naive request from a self confessed noob who is aware of the addictive powers of boards:) A little respect please. Attacking this poster makes it seem like this is an unfriendly place, not a single word of support or a decent suggestion.

@Mourinho's_love - It would be too much work to ban you from all forums except one, and as "i am man" pointed out at the end of his tirade, you can log out and simply browse as a guest, which would make any work we do to assist you a bit of a waste of time.

Its gning to have to be down to will-power i am afraid. Best of luck with trying to stay away from the other forums, could be as difficult as trying to give up ciggies, maybe bookmark the forum you want to access so you dont have to go thru the stuff that just appears to be more interesting than the leaving cert forum.

Ok thanks

• Advertisement

just start given **** to all moderators this might help but it will get you banned from everything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i asked for my ban from pi not to be lifted. i haven't looked at it since and hence eliminated a significant timesink.
    Better off just selecting the 3 most common timewasting forums: Personal Issues, After Hours and here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I failed my Leaving Cert becuase of boards.ie, with the help of matthew matthewson and sons I won €600,000 compensation and you can too. Just call 1800-rob-me-blind.

John

Lump wrote:
    I failed my Leaving Cert becuase of boards.ie, with the help of matthew matthewson and sons I won €600,000 compensation and you can too. Just call 1800-rob-me-blind.

John

Christ John, we know you need help,
    but please stop with the humour!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Boards ate my baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Banned from After Hours.

One down, 50-odd others to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

junior then your not aloud on boards are you

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

junior then your not aloud on boards are you
    I can't hear a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yours in hope
    Go around, slagging off the mods, and also give a link to this thread. That may help you get banned. Or just follow Shrimps lead, but go further, and more overboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

type the following into a command prompt

format c:

Just agree to everything it asks, only formalities. That will help you get "extra" banned from boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

how about some practicle advice, there are programs you can get that can block you from using certain sites, most people know them as Net nanny's I suggest geting an adult to block them and put a password on the sections you dont want to access.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

type the following into a command prompt

format c:

Just agree to everything it asks, only formalities. That will help you get "extra" banned from boards.ie.
    better is "format c: /u"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Man the swing from the jackboot of ecksor to the flower power of Vexorg is dizzying. I think I preferred being oppressed more sternly.

User: I have a stupid problem
    ecksor: And?
    User: Can you help?
    ecksor: Why do you feel I should?
    User: BECAUSE BOARDS.IE IS DA SUCK AND I'M TELLIN DADDY TO SOO!
    ecksor: *clickity click*
    User: WTF! PRISON"! HOW COME I CAN ONLY POST HERE?

And there was the whole feel of apocalyptic gloom about the place. These days it's all happiness and joy:

User: I have a stupid problem.
    Vexorg: You certainly do, I'm afraid it was your stupidity.
    User: Oh, I see, I'll try to avoid being stupid again.

Where's the fun in that?

DISCLAIMER FOR MY ENEMIES ONLY - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
    Please note that I am comparing the contrasts in the styles of our two most recent crowd controll admins and not their effectiveness. I am completely aware that I am off-topic, but I feel that as this thread has achieved it's primary function, it may still have a use. This post made me laugh, I don't care if it didn't make you laugh. amp! - Voice of Boards.ie(tm), has spoken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

amp wrote:
    DISCLAIMER FOR MY ENEMIES ONLY - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Am I an enemy of yours ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

amp wrote:
    I don't care if it didn't make you laugh.
    Do you care if it did make us laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Translation for you:

junior, the you're not allowed on boards. are you?

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Translation for you:

junior, the you're not allowed on boards. are you?
    Nope, sorry. Still not getting it.

Advertisement