Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converter from Firewire to USB

Options
  • 07-05-2005 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Hey, I did a search but couldn't find anything so here goes:
    I have one of the old iPods. Like this

ipod.jpg

It uses firewire which is fine for my home PC, but my laptop only has USB. So is there a firewire to UBS converter out there and how much is it?

Also how do I put the iPod software onto my laptop if I've lost the CD. It's one of the old ones so can you still find it on the net?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

While it would be possible to make such a device, the powers that be don't seem to bother. If it's for a laptop why not go for a Firewire Pcmcia card such as this, or the equivilent that works in your laptop. It is properly cheaper then what you would pay for a firewire-usb converter if such a thing exists and proberly a better job anyway.

As for the software, is it itunes your looking for or was there a different software for the earlier ones? Will itunes not work with the older ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well when I got my iPod, there was no iTunes for Windows, so you used Musicmatch. But isn't there software like a driver etc for connecting the iPod to the computer. So there's no little converter thing you just plug in then? Maybe I should invent one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You can use USB on laptop with this software and USB Sveta

I nearly sure you can......nearly ;)

But it treats the ipod as a HD.

kdjac

Advertisement