Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox360 pic - its white!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

It's all functionality, people. Who gives 2, er, flips about what it looks like when it's nestled between your VCR and the TV. Put a rug over it if it really bothers you :D. It's the controller I'd be worried about, but I'll reserve my judgements until I've actually played on it for a few hours.

*prays for a decent d-pad*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Well, it's no more hideous than the original IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Do people really think that's a trackball in the middle? I like the idea of a trackball, it'd be a nice adition, but in that location it'd be really difficult to get your thumb over to it or use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

you can see in one of the pictures of the controller that the ball has "1,2,3 and 4" on the controller in each corner of the trackball thingy. dunno what it means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I think it looks a LOT nicer than the Xbox, the PS2 or the Gamecube. Judging by the silver small PS2, the PS3 will probably be nicer.

But don't forget, the 360 has changable skins so it has the possibility to look a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I think it looks damn good, especially if you are use to looking at a X-Box sitting under your tv ;) . Still doesn't look as nice as my DC, then again what does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

evad_lhorg wrote:
    and yes freak scenery, micro soft said the ball will play off the name "360" so i assumeits a mous of some sort.

News to me, was wondering where the hell 360 came in the first place. Still don't like the name though...

I actually think the console looks nice, it's just it doesn't look like a video games console, more like a PC appliance/iMac. I still have my doubts that that is the actual finished product. Either way (clichéd I know) it's on the inside that counts, so I'll guess we'll see the results at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i agree, i dont think its a finished model. i thik it will be "chromed out" or made a colour of some sort before release.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i agree, i dont think its a finished model. i thik it will be "chromed out" or made a colour of some sort before release.

i think its a safe bet that it will be silver or white.. both MS and Sony are pushing more and more for convergence between Home Entertainment and their consoles... that's what the silver PS2 was getting at, and all the features on the xb2 (media centre stuff) and ps3 will push that further.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The centre ball on the controller is for switching wireless frequencies I reckon, hence the "1, 2, 3, 4" around it. This would mean no more than four controllers per machine, but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

Goodshape wrote:
    The centre ball on the controller is for switching wireless frequencies I reckon, hence the "1, 2, 3, 4" around it. This would mean no more than four controllers per machine, but I could be wrong.

makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

New MTV Show (in conjunction with Microsoft):-

Pimp My Xbox 360!

X(box)-zibit: Yo dude, Jim's XBox 360 was looking like Ricky-Z'z mama sat on it, so we brought it down to the shop to trick it out, yo! So, Bizay, what'd you do to Jimmy's Xbox?

Bizay: Well we put an engine, chassis, wheels and hood in it so now Jimmy can ride ride around in his Xbox! We also attached a basketball hoop to the end of the CD tray. And you know he's gonna get some use outta dat!

X(box)-zibit: You know it dawwwwwwwg! Now Joker, you the guy who does all the techno gibish, right fool'?!

Joker: That's correct!.......

X(box)-zibit: And......?

Joker: Well the Xbox itself is pretty top of the range so there wasn't much we could do there. However, I was able to put some GPRS navigation in the Xbox's dashboard. We also replaced the windscreen with a 50" monitor. That way Jim doesn't have to be destracted by driving correctly on the road and can focus on his virtual turns.

X(box)-zibit: I hear dat! I know when ma ***** (female dog) is doing her stuff in the car I don't wanna be drivin', I wanna be like, "Damn girl! You get better every day! Lil-Little to the left! That's right mama! Do that again."

Joker: I seeeeeeee......

X(box)-zibit: Now Chromo, you in charge of the largest and most important area of devo.: The chrome! Tell you put some chrome on this bad boy cos' it just ain't no ve-hick-le without no chrome!

Chromo: Aww man! When I saw this car, I mean Xbox, without any chrome I knew I had my work cut out! So what I did right was I dipped the Xbox in molten chrome. Then I polished it off til I got that cooooooooool chrome finish! Chrome!....... Chrome!!.............................................. Chrome!!!!!

X(box)-zibit: You know it buddy! Now it's about time to reveal the new improved Xbox to Jimmy boy.

Jim: Why are we in a motor shop?

X(box)-zibit: Listen, quit that stoopid'! Take it off boys!

Jim: *Fained stereotypical black reaction performed by a white guy* Oh my ggggggaaaaaaawwwwwwwdddddddd! This is the shizzz yo! You guys are da bomb! Where's my Xbox 360?

X(box)-zibit: I dunno, in the boot somewhere. Look at this paint job!

Jim: Eh.... Yeah!

Jim's Generic Friend: You know, before Jim got his Xbox pimped it was pretty embarrassing to play on his machine. I mean, you really wanted to be able to drive around in it but you just couldn't! Now thanks to X(box)-zibit it's all we do!

X(box)-zibit: And what's your favourite Xbox game!?

Jim's Generic Friend: Games? Oh no, we don't play the games anymore. Hell, the controler receivers are covered in chrome! We mostly just drive around in the Xbox trying to pick up chicks with the line, "I am teh 1337!!!"

X(box)-zibit: Any luck?!

Jim's Generic Friend: Not yet!

X(box)-zibit: Awwlright well, that's all fo' dis week's Pimp My Xbox 360 but we'll be back real soon to try and get some nerds some ***** (cat)!

It's just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Tusky wrote:

indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

The remote looks like its a conversion from a windows media centre remote

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

New MTV Show (in conjunction with Microsoft):-

Pimp My Xbox 360!

X(box)-zibit: Yo dude, Jim's XBox 360 was looking like Ricky-Z'z mama sat on it, so we brought it down to the shop to trick it out, yo! So, Bizay, what'd you do to Jimmy's Xbox?

Bizay: Well we put an engine, chassis, wheels and hood in it so now Jimmy can ride ride around in his Xbox! We also attached a basketball hoop to the end of the CD tray. And you know he's gonna get some use outta dat!

X(box)-zibit: You know it dawwwwwwwg! Now Joker, you the guy who does all the techno gibish, right fool'?!

Joker: That's correct!.......

X(box)-zibit: And......?

Joker: Well the Xbox itself is pretty top of the range so there wasn't much we could do there. However, I was able to put some GPRS navigation in the Xbox's dashboard. We also replaced the windscreen with a 50" monitor. That way Jim doesn't have to be destracted by driving correctly on the road and can focus on his virtual turns.

X(box)-zibit: I hear dat! I know when ma ***** (female dog) is doing her stuff in the car I don't wanna be drivin', I wanna be like, "Damn girl! You get better every day! Lil-Little to the left! That's right mama! Do that again."

Joker: I seeeeeeee......

X(box)-zibit: Now Chromo, you in charge of the largest and most important area of devo.: The chrome! Tell you put some chrome on this bad boy cos' it just ain't no ve-hick-le without no chrome!

Chromo: Aww man! When I saw this car, I mean Xbox, without any chrome I knew I had my work cut out! So what I did right was I dipped the Xbox in molten chrome. Then I polished it off til I got that cooooooooool chrome finish! Chrome!....... Chrome!!.............................................. Chrome!!!!!

X(box)-zibit: You know it buddy! Now it's about time to reveal the new improved Xbox to Jimmy boy.

Jim: Why are we in a motor shop?

X(box)-zibit: Listen, quit that stoopid'! Take it off boys!

Jim: *Fained stereotypical black reaction performed by a white guy* Oh my ggggggaaaaaaawwwwwwwdddddddd! This is the shizzz yo! You guys are da bomb! Where's my Xbox 360?

X(box)-zibit: I dunno, in the boot somewhere. Look at this paint job!

Jim: Eh.... Yeah!

Jim's Generic Friend: You know, before Jim got his Xbox pimped it was pretty embarrassing to play on his machine. I mean, you really wanted to be able to drive around in it but you just couldn't! Now thanks to X(box)-zibit it's all we do!

X(box)-zibit: And what's your favourite Xbox game!?

Jim's Generic Friend: Games? Oh no, we don't play the games anymore. Hell, the controler receivers are covered in chrome! We mostly just drive around in the Xbox trying to pick up chicks with the line, "I am teh 1337!!!"

X(box)-zibit: Any luck?!

Jim's Generic Friend: Not yet!

X(box)-zibit: Awwlright well, that's all fo' dis week's Pimp My Xbox 360 but we'll be back real soon to try and get some nerds some ***** (cat)!

It's just a thought.
    good stuff haha

although you clearly spent more time then you should have on that.

word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, well, I was trying to put off going to sleep. Oh, how I loath those little slices of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I don't know if it's been posted elsewhere but it appears we'll be seeing the xbox 360 in november

But that's an assumption based on a quote from mtv, something along the lines of "trailers for games that are due in november"......so the console should hit the US by then, could be a february/march release for europe then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Didn't they say ages ago that it would be released in America and Europe this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Maybe they will manage to fit the 2 releases before christmas, I was just assuming they would hold off the European release because of demands. Maybe all that extra time manufacturing the consoles will allow for a simultaneous release or something.

• Advertisement

Maybe they will manage to fit the 2 releases before christmas, I was just assuming they would hold off the European release because of demands. Maybe all that extra time manufacturing the consoles will allow for a simultaneous release or something.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a simultaneous release but it would be a huge demand on production, they'd want to be churning them out at high speed now in order to cover both America and Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well production of Xboxs ceased a month or two ago, so with the warehouses clear they must be starting production of the new console soon enough.

I'd say if worse comes to worse, it will definetly see release in the United States and Europe this year, with Japan following in early 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I'd be surprised if they went with a simultaneous release. The X-Box is much more successful in America than it is here so I'd have thought they'd focus more on that. Then again it might be a good idea to focus on Europe first and get a bigger slice of the market this time around before the Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

steviec wrote:
    I'd be surprised if they went with a simultaneous release. The X-Box is much more successful in America than it is here so I'd have thought they'd focus more on that. Then again it might be a good idea to focus on Europe first and get a bigger slice of the market this time around before the Playstation.

Actually lots of companies are doing that now, for example Battlefield 2 is first being released in Europe and then in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Ain't half bad looking. Maybe a different colour might make it look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

CyberGhost wrote:
    Actually lots of companies are doing that now, for example Battlefield 2 is first being released in Europe and then in the US.

Pity they still don't release some good games here *cough*Xenosaga*cough*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Don't forge that its colours are customizable. And with it being the Xbox, you'll get a lot of third party companies making skins for it. Heres an image hinting at it:

37943.jpg

And I see Christmas as a very large incentive to get it out here right after the US launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It looks strange thats all i can think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

I think its obvious that the 360 part of the name is designed to be "bigger" than the 3 in Playstation3...i hope the little white blender delivers damnit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just saw the most recent pics today on ign.com.....white version instead of silver...

Not getting involved in fanboy flaming or anything but it just looks like a pc doesn't it?! Won't that work against them?

Advertisement