Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dead

Options
  • 07-05-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

this place is dead.

Comments

There's a Quake forum? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah, boards.ie was founded on it.

Oh yeah! I remember reading about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Funnily enough, the irish qw scene is probably the most active it has been in the last 2 years.....q3 seems to be fairly dead though with most people gone to play WoW.

Unfortunately, most of the quake'rs these days collaberate using irc and www.quake.ie only.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

I'm playing ET.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

love to play some QW - whos playing these days ?

MindPhuck wrote:
    love to play some QW - whos playing these days ?

Currently active are: quetzal, mIXu, nosmo, Steven, PleuraXeraphim (or "Wembley"), Rook1e. After that bubbles is kind of active and Giblet/Vinnit play every once in a while....

I've not yet had the opportunity to duel you mindphuck, though I (and nosmo presumably) will be going inactive next week due to upcoming exams we'll be back on in a month or so, so either find me (quetzal) on irc before then (assuming I can't find you!), or I'll play after :)

Hopefully a few oldskool'ers will get active again this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

YOu guys still hang out on #boards.ie yeah? I think I owe quetzal the oppourtunity to bitch slap me around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Anyone get to read that article in PC Gamer a while back about Quake4?

/edit

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36724

Quake4preview2.jpg

Ah good old quake. Are there any QW servers up ?

• Advertisement

D wrote:
    I think I owe quetzal the oppourtunity to bitch slap me around the place.

Indeed you do, I'll be in #qw.ie :)
    Ah good old quake. Are there any QW servers up ?

Aye, games5.iol.ie and caffeine.blacknight.ie are both up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Give up gaming after spacelan :)

12 blokes, a ping pong table and non stop quakin'

Anyways, I'd say interest will return for quake3, although 2004 was very active for quake3 with some of the most amazing games played. Quakecon 2004, Qlan2 and ESWC 2004 being amazing

bazH wrote:
    Give up gaming after spacelan :)

12 blokes, a ping pong table and non stop quakin'

Anyways, I'd say interest will return for quake3, although 2004 was very active for quake3 with some of the most amazing games played. Quakecon 2004, Qlan2 and ESWC 2004 being amazing

Whoah, they made another quake?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Fobia wrote:
    Whoah, they made another quake?
    The story continues where Quake 2 left off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Quangle

the_syco wrote:
    The story continues where Quake 2 left off.
    There's a story?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yep, the guy with the yellow top and brown pants was slagging YORE MA, so you have to beat him on dm4, dmm3 to regain your honour.

Sico wrote:
    Yep, the guy with the yellow top and brown pants was slagging YORE MA, so you have to beat him on dm4, dmm3 to regain your honour.

When have I ever worn a yellow top and brown pants? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bleachn

I used to be a hardcore Q3 player but haven't been on the scene in years... don't even have it on my computer anymore... Don't even know where my CD Key is, might be interested in going out and buying another copy if I know there are gamers out there.... yes/no? Where do people play?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is it still possible to get original quake...feel like getting a 3 player lan going

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    is it still possible to get original quake...feel like getting a 3 player lan going

You'd be able to pickup the original in most shops as an ID trilogy thing....but I don't see why you'd want to do that when you could get the same game with 32bit textures for free here....

Dunno if anyone still plays q3 bleachn, but most of the clans seem to be dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

So if I decide to download that I will have Quake1 :? and thats the installer for equake Download eQuake v1.01 build 557 Installer - 77.8MB, built on 2005-04-07. I haven't played that in years let alone played a network game of it. Thanks for sharing that :)

Hal1 wrote:
    So if I decide to download that I will have Quake1 :? and thats the installer for equake Download eQuake v1.01 build 557 Installer - 77.8MB, built on 2005-04-07. I haven't played that in years let alone played a network game of it. Thanks for sharing that :)

Yes, only you'll have much better graphics than the original. If you want to play online drop into #qw.ie on quakenet and ask if there's anyone in...

great program (esp mp3 player) but how does one get a lan set up on it. seems to have only internet server support

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    great program (esp mp3 player) but how does one get a lan set up on it. seems to have only internet server support

You need to run a server...

I'm on irc for the next hour or so if you want a game....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm off to play Sof2 online now, but I'm gonna give this a download tonight and be ready for playing tomorrow evening....

Man its been SO long since I played either Q1 or 2.

I'm gonna suck major balls... :eek:

cant play online cause our network is messed up. its 512k broadband. but everytime one of us tries to play online when the other 2 are hooked up the ping is atrocious. I can only play at 5am when the others are completely offline (have to physically pull the cords) *sigh* how i miss my online gaming.

Mhmm am downloading it now, so will take a look... other than irc is there anyway to figure out who's online? I never really got into irc, and still don't fully understand it...

bleachn wrote:
    Mhmm am downloading it now, so will take a look... other than irc is there anyway to figure out who's online? I never really got into irc, and still don't fully understand it...

Not really, I mean you can use All Seeing Eye to find qw servers with people on them but in terms of irish people we don't hang around on servers waiting for games.

In other news, D played qw tonight, good fun :)

Ok I installed it, and am running it, but wow its been ages since I've been playing... I'm completly lost, reading the documentation, but don't know what I'm supposted to do... whats going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Fobia wrote:
    In other news, D played qw tonight, good fun :)
    Fun *cough* ahem yes fun... Nah Just before it's mentioned yes I did embarrass myself. I'll try that fancy quake version I was using the original, forgot how ugly it was. But the gameplay so claustrophobic and tight, round a corner and bang. :)

Advertisement