Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dead

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

D wrote:
    Fun *cough* ahem yes fun... Nah Just before it's mentioned yes I did embarrass myself. I'll try that fancy quake version I was using the original, forgot how ugly it was. But the gameplay so claustrophobic and tight, round a corner and bang. :)

I too find dm2 a little bit claustrophobic, but I mean it's name is "claustrophobolis", so it doesn't exactly try to hide it :)

Though watching you vs nosmo was quite amusing, I was impressed by your comment "playing someone better than you is the only way to learn" - that has to be drilled into most newbies....even myself back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ye mean Zero has stopped playing Q1?!!?? i thought he'd be playing that till the end of time (or he died, which ever came first) he used to seriously kick my ass back in u.l.

Scruff wrote:
    ye mean Zero has stopped playing Q1?!!?? i thought he'd be playing that till the end of time (or he died, which ever came first) he used to seriously kick my ass back in u.l.

He moved to q3, but doesn't even play that anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Believe it or not I never actually played the original dm maps of quake. In the labs down in UL we just played map packs by the time I arrived.

The custom maps didn't have lava in them? :)

• Advertisement

No they didn't! I took me 3 deaths to realise that it was moving floor tiles. After that it took me a few more goes to actual start to remember to jump. :rolleyes:

D wrote:
    No they didn't! I took me 3 deaths to realise that it was moving floor tiles. After that it took me a few more goes to actual start to remember to jump. :rolleyes:

Hehe, should be easier to see once you use fuhquake due to the better graphics...

BleachN and an (apparently) oldskool player helsing both played tonight, looks like there's a good revival happening....

After ye've played for a few weeks if ye want to continue playing and get good (ie I don't want people quitting a few weeks after they join etc), ye (bleachN, D, and anyone else who wants to take it up), are welcome to join the clan I'm in. One of our aims is to have enough members to play "within" ourselves ie have at least 10 active players so that the newbies can learn without embarrassing themselves on public servers.

Hey embarrassing yourself in public is a great tradition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bleachn

I got my ass handed to me, I only played one game, but he had me something like 24-4... very sad. Dominating the red armour, and the LG was very painful indeed...I was like a rabbit caught in headlights most of the time...doing the same thing...out of a teleporter, around a corner then back in the same teleporter... not my finest hour at all at all

• Advertisement

bleachn wrote:
    I got my ass handed to me, I only played one game, but he had me something like 24-4... very sad. Dominating the red armour, and the LG was very painful indeed...I was like a rabbit caught in headlights most of the time...doing the same thing...out of a teleporter, around a corner then back in the same teleporter... not my finest hour at all at all

Is this against CD?

Yes, even with my advantage of Ping... really need to work on timings and movements... more practice...anyone?

bleachn wrote:
    Yes, even with my advantage of Ping... really need to work on timings and movements... more practice...anyone?

You seem to always come on just when I'm going to bed :(

I (and nosmo, the other really active qw'er atm) wont be around for the next few weeks due to exams but should be on every night I'm in after that....

Yeah well I'm in from work, then watched scrubs, naked camera, then scrubs again... more of a night owl, also no work tomrrow...yipee... so happy days

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Well I'll be installing Q1 and hopefully Q2 on new pc over the weekend, so perhaps give you a game then.

Ok I have sorted out mirc on my computer... but I don't know where I'm supposed to go. What are the irish rooms? I've gotten myself onto quaeknet, and can find other rooms, but where be the irish? Lets gets some gaming goin on...

bleachn wrote:
    Ok I have sorted out mirc on my computer... but I don't know where I'm supposed to go. What are the irish rooms? I've gotten myself onto quaeknet, and can find other rooms, but where be the irish? Lets gets some gaming goin on...

In terms of general irish rooms, channels of interest would be;
    #boards.ie
    #quake.ie
    #qw.ie

However you're only likely to find someone willing to duel you in qw in #qw.ie...

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

I still play qw/q3. Just jump on some servers every few days and get my ass totally pwned :) God its great!

Nex

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Only 2 Irish qw servers I know of are: caffeine.blacknight.ie & games5.iol.ie, I dont know which one is more active and I usually check them out if im not busy. We should organise a weekly gamenight or sumthin :D

Nexus: I still havent had the privilage of playing you yet :)

Hal1: Agreed, I and a few others will be inactive till about 20th of June due to exams but after that there'll definitely be enough to have pickups.

Games5.iol.ie has always been up, and is by far the most used irish server.

Caffeine.blacknight.ie was up properly back in the day, then it went up as a created game (not an actual server) about a year and a half ago, so no one used it. I managed to get in contact with one of the blacknight admins and he put it back up properly, with max players at like 15 or summit. The reason I went stalking the admins to get caffeine back up was so that my clan would have somewhere to practice (games5 only allows 4 in at a time).

Clan DP (drunken paddies/double penetration, name will possibly be changed) will be open to signups of any level, the requirements are simple; that you're willing to learn and that you live in ireland or the uk. Any skill level welcome. Though this makes it sound like a newbie clan (which it mainly is...), we'll hopefully have a fairly strong lineup over the summer featuring players like me, rook1e, darshan, possibly mIXu and a few other good players who I've yet to ask (Nexus, this is directed at you! ;) ).

So umm yea, forgot what I'm posting about again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement