Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carputer - Anyone actually have one fitted?

Options
  • 07-05-2005 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭

I have read a few threads over the last few months about carputers, does anyone actually have one in the car, all contolled by their touchscreen?

I would love to see one in action.

V.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

Haven' seen one installed but they look like a great idea. I'm thinking about building one myself at the minute. There's great info on the forums over at mp3car.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Thanks for the link, will go look at that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Yup, Ive seen lots of those sites, just wondering if anyone here actually has one running, nicely integrated screen, software running well, hardware surviving Irish roads :).

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

In the process of starting my own one. First thing is to re-mould my console as im flush mounting a 7" touchscreen.

Since im going to be going to college next year, im going to build a mounting bracket for a laptop under the glovebox as opposted to building a mini-ITX... much better option IMO.

As for OS, myself and a VB designer in the UK are working on our own, dubbed "RoverSoft" ... we are currently trying to integrate ECU information with the OS so we can have realtime stats at the touch of a button... Will keep you updated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

That sounds pretty good, keep lots of pics, it would be interesting to see how it happens from start to finish, it would be particularly interesting to see a really good console fabrication, as many stock consoles do not have space for a screen, especially in older vehicles.

V.

• Advertisement
Advertisement