Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford+ntl cable modem=happy days, i have mine

• 07-05-2005 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

:D Hi Everyone,
    I've had my cable modem from ntl thursday 5th May, a 1.5mb line I have and have to say it's flying bigtime.
    I work for them, and we are gradually working our way out from the Hillview, Marian Park, Norwood, Lismore areas, etc, but the city should be broadband enabled by the end of August.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Do ntl have any plans to offer a service in Dungarvan?

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Rodo

causal wrote:
    Do ntl have any plans to offer a service in Dungarvan?

causal

From what I heard the cable service in Dungarvan is second to none in Ireland, and from a financial point of view it would cost an absolute fortune for one cable company to move into anothers.

Yep, that's the concensus alright ;)

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

hey Rodo, do you know when ntl will offer broadband in Dublin/Clondalkin area?

Welcome to the boards btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

Hi I was at a Broadband meeting in Galway 2 weeks ago and There were people from NTL's Headoffice nad Tech Guys They said that they have rolled out cable broadband to 100,000 customers in Dublin thes said they decided to upgrade all of Galway's cabled customers first before they will go back and finish upgrading the rest of Dublin. They said that they will have all of Galway city done by the end of the year. I hope this answers your question a bit

• Advertisement

CyberGhost wrote:
    hey Rodo, do you know when ntl will offer broadband in Dublin/Clondalkin area?

Welcome to the boards btw :)

Hi Cyberghost, I would love to be able to answer your question about ntl bb in Clondalkin, but I would only know about the plans for the Waterford system. :( sorry couldn't be much help to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Rodo wrote:
    ....From what I heard the cable service in Dungarvan is second to none in Ireland........

I can def second that!!!!!
    was in a mates house in Dungarvan today and did a speedtest on irishisptest.com

screenshot of the results here

some downloads clocking in @ over 1MB - yes that's 1 MEGABYTE a sec
    apple itunes (21.3MB) was done in just over 20 secs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

:D That Cable system is the best in the country - none excepted. In reality it is probably one of the top ten HFC systems in Europe. It's the system that everyone wants, but can't afford.............except for some very, very clever Waterfordians. ComReg should employ them as consultants - maybe they would actually learn something about how to deliver broadband on time and on budget! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

do NTL have download limits?

kensutz wrote:
    do NTL have download limits?

There are different limits for each BB option they offer, I'm not 100% certain what it is but it's about 1Gig a day on the higher of the options. They are certainly NOT like some of the limits I have heard of from other Irish Providers.

• Advertisement

Have a peek here

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Robert wrote:
    Hi I was at a Broadband meeting in Galway 2 weeks ago and There were people from NTL's Headoffice nad Tech Guys They said that they have rolled out cable broadband to 100,000 customers in Dublin thes said they decided to upgrade all of Galway's cabled customers first before they will go back and finish upgrading the rest of Dublin. They said that they will have all of Galway city done by the end of the year. I hope this answers your question a bit

Thanks, it's great to see there is an active progress!
    Rodo wrote:
    Hi Cyberghost, I would love to be able to answer your question about ntl bb in Clondalkin, but I would only know about the plans for the Waterford system. :( sorry couldn't be much help to you

hey no probs mate ;) I'm pretty sure Clondalkin will be cabled the last, since it's such a technologically inferior area :(

My GOD!

Advertisement