Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvdboxoffice.com

Options
  • 08-05-2005 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has used them before.

What were they like? Anyone caught by evil customs?

I'm about to buy a psp, lumines and wipeout pure from them (works out at 285euro) so I've just emailed them to ask if they mark their stuff down as a gift like vg+, hopefully I'll get an answer from them soon.

Thanks for any feed back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I once ordered two items from them October last year. The first item took a month or so to arrive, while the second didn't arrive at all.

After two months I told them I hadn't recieved my complete order, so two weeks later they shipped another copy. I finally got the game in the middle of January.

So yeah, I refuse to use them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Stoichkov

Hmm, doesnt sound too good.

I know they can take up to a month because its normal airmail, which is fine with me as I can wait because I wouldnt want it arriving in the middle of my college exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

DVDBO are not a good company. Slow to respond to emails, slow to send stuff and orders frequently lost.

Best stay with the trusted VG+ or Tronix.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Haven't had too much trouble with them. they just seem to be really slow. About 70% or orders end up in the pending status which means about a months wait. They have lost one package on me but it was no trouble getting them to send another one. The problem is that you had to wait 60 days from the time of postage until they can send one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DVDboxoffice? The first time I used them it was grand. Ordered Metroid Zero Mission from them a month before European release, it arrived within 10 days and it only cost me about 26 euro. The second time... I ordered another GBA game. 60 days later... no sign of it. And no notification. They got an angry e-mail and the cost was refunded. Not happy with a wait that long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I bought 2 GameCubes off them (Tales of Symphonia and Zelda Four Swords Adventure), Tales of Symphonia arrived OK, no customs. They were out of stock of Zelda, they didn;t mention this on the website, I only found out after a bit of wait and emailed them, they told me they were waiting for it to arrive. I don't like the way they don't tell you how many they have in stock. Otherwise no complaints.
    I ordered another GBA game.
    Afraid to mention you bought a Pokemon game, eh kirby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Only ordered from them once, Tales of Symphonia on my GC. First time around it never arrived. I gave them the 60 days specified then got back on to then. The second copy they sent arrived in a week. Don't think I would use them again, too much hassle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well i'm ordering in games today and it lookslike their GC section is discontinued. I'm having awful trouble searching on the site :confused:

Advertisement