Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommmend me a CD player up to a max value of €450

Options
  • 08-05-2005 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Getting me new car shortly. The interior is black as it the dashboard etc so I will need some knowledgeable person to recommend me a decent car cd player to the max value of €450.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

the sony cdx-f7750 is a very good head unit i just bought one this week they retail in a sony centre at €399 and were €429 in halfords i got mine off ebay for under €300 delivered brand new it is only out a couple of weeks, if buying from ebay make sure its not a 7705 as that has been out a while. its available in silver and black and the improvement in sound over my original head unit is amazing - even with the standard speakers, although they are good speakers...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

the sony cdx-f7750 is a very good head unit i just bought one this week they retail in a sony centre at €399 and were €429 in halfords i got mine off ebay for under €300 delivered brand new it is only out a couple of weeks, if buying from ebay make sure its not a 7705 as that has been out a while. its available in silver and black and the improvement in sound over my original head unit is amazing - even with the standard speakers, although they are good speakers...

Cool thanks, I am gonna have a look in Halfords today. The car I am getting has good speakers (or so I am told). I think he said they were Bose speakers or something like that.

Will have a look out for that cdx-f7750!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Volcano

This webstie should help Car Audio Direct you can browse and see what you like best. I would recommend a Pioneer after having both a sony and a alpine, the pioneer is without a doubt the best overall! :D Bose speakers are the cream of the crop so you should have an excellent setup once you get a new headunit!

Volcano wrote:
    This webstie should help Car Audio Direct you can browse and see what you like best. I would recommend a Pioneer after having both a sony and a alpine, the pioneer is without a doubt the best overall! :D Bose speakers are the cream of the crop so you should have an excellent setup once you get a new headunit!

Cool, so many choices

This is the one I was looking at today in Halfords (Alpine CDA-9831R):
    ALPINE-CDA-9831R.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭A$$A$$IN

A$$A$$IN wrote:

That looks nice, but I want one thats black are mostly black as my car is black inside. Silver would just stand out too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

py2006 wrote:
    That looks nice, but I want one thats black are mostly black as my car is black inside. Silver would just stand out too much!

Here's a similar unit in black .

The sony head units are excellent. Heard good things about the Alpine ones also!

Pacifico wrote:
    Here's a similar unit in black .

The sony head units are excellent. Heard good things about the Alpine ones also!

Thats a nice one alright!

cdxf7750.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

im waiting on my PANASONIC CQ-C9700 this usually retails around 450 euro to 550euro. But i got it on ebay for 320euro inc delivery

[url="http://java_script:afficheCommande('/sitesearch/go.jsp?offerId=3423623120501uk3423623-Panasonic-CD/MP3+CQ-C9700+car+radio&JServSessionIduk=kdnyryxvs1.L3J1uk&orw')"]http://java_script:afficheCommande('/sitesearch/go.jsp?offerId=3423623120501uk3423623-Panasonic-CD/MP3+CQ-C9700+car+radio&JServSessionIduk=kdnyryxvs1.L3J1uk&orw')[/url]

lovely headunit............. need something other than black although i suppose you would not want your new headunit to stick out too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Would you not prefer an mp3 player, say 40GB (600/700 albums) or so and then just hook it up to your speakers through a cheapo CD player with AUX in? Then you have a portable music player for whenever you have to walk! Also, if someone sees a fancy cd player they may just want it badly enough to break your window.

Gkelly2002 wrote:

That links not working! Well I aint sure how a silver stereo would look on a black dash.

cqc9700.jpg

Edit: Cant get the pic to work now :(

don't know why its not working, but if you do a google search it will pop up.

Good thing about it is that even though it is silver and may draw attention, it does have a detachable face to prevent anybody seeing or trying to nick it when your not in the car

Thanks for inserting the pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

py2006 wrote:
    This is the one I was looking at today in Halfords (Alpine CDA-9831R):
    ALPINE-CDA-9831R.jpg

Alpines are pretty good, I had a similar model to this (until it was stolen recently).

Alpines are pretty good, I had a similar model to this (until it was stolen recently).

Ah no, sorry to hear that! Why is this county so full of imbred little scumbags. The should line them all up and shoot them.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

py2006 wrote:
    Ah no, sorry to hear that! Why is this county so full of imbred little scumbags. The should line them all up and shoot them.

Agreed. I had mine stolen recently too.

I'd go for an alpine myself - excellent quality head units, that one you have a pic of there is going to be my next buy, very cheap deals on ebay for those alpines, especially from Germany for some reason. Can't find a link right now but there were a good few available a little while ago.

Apart from that good are Sony / Kenwood / Pioneer / Clarion - the usual suspects. :cool:

Hense the portable mp3 player idea:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I won't be upgrading my stereo for a while, but what I want doesn't seem to exist (or at least I can't find it), namely: a very high quality head unit that has a radio, a good amp, an auxiliary in, and no CD or tape player. Since I just want to hook my iPod up to it, why should I have to pay for a CD player?

Ernie Ball wrote:
    I won't be upgrading my stereo for a while, but what I want doesn't seem to exist (or at least I can't find it), namely: a very high quality head unit that has a radio, a good amp, an auxiliary in, and no CD or tape player. Since I just want to hook my iPod up to it, why should I have to pay for a CD player?

That's what I want too! if you find anything, let me know!! hey, maybe there is something that will just go from 3.5 stereo jack right to the car stereo wires? that's be dirt cheap I'm guessing and if thieves dont see a stereo, especially in a 96 micra (my car) their not gonna do anything. By the way, best theft prevention is leave some cassette tapes on the dashboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I've just ordered a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP from computer universe.net. I got it for €227 including delivery compared to €450 on Safe Sounds. It the replacement model for the 7400 which I had stolen from my car about 3 weeks ago. It plays MP3.s from disks and with an additional adapter you can hook an ipod up to it. Which I may do if I ever get around to getting one. It would be nice to have all my music in the car all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Volcano

I ended up with this one as i wanted graphics, and something that fitted in with my color scheme of blue :D

b_dehp80mp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭A$$A$$IN

Silver actually does look well on a black dash, well in my opinion. Black is too bland

oooooh thats a nice one. Not sure it would go with my black interior.

I think silver stereos on a black dash catches the eye too much. Scumbags would spot it a mile away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Whatever happened to amber lights on stereos?

Everything now is blue blue blue. It doesn't go with the dashboard lights of any car that I know of. Mine are amber and I'd like an amber stereo.

Well it finally arrived today.....all the way from Germany my new baby

The Panasonic CQC 9700N.
    can't wait to put it in later this evening

Advertisement