Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Compression

• 08-05-2005 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Hey people's :)

I was just wondering whats the best and easiest wat to compress a video.
    I'm making a vid of lots of bmp's, so for the 1st clip say I have 1,800 bmp's (or maybe it was 18,000 :S) and I compiled these into one avi using video mach (didnt have time to tweak about with priemier as I dnt know it YET). I saved it as an avi, its 1min long and it 77mg.

:S
    xvid/divx/avi = all good
    Any help would be great :)
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

hi,
    depends on the final output - is it going to DVD for use in home dvd players - is it going to video , ect..

there are various codecs for various things - you would use the mpeg2 codec if you want to go to dvd and there many other codecs for other formats.

maybe you should do a google on codecs and their uses

mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Na, it would be an avi or something similar.
    I'm thinking of xvid or divx.. something along those lines

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

If the bmps are all totally different, then XviD or DivX mightn't be the best to use as these rely on consecutive frames being pretty similar.

Good codecs to use for sequences of discrete images are MNG and Motion-JPEG.

Yea they are all sequenced :)

[edit: its a cs vid /edit ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

DIvx.

John

• Advertisement

Kool thanks ;)

Advertisement