Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra - Rifles

Options
  • 08-05-2005 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

I don't really like the game(mod) itself, it's kinda slow and controls are sluggish and not very responsive(compared to COD)

but rifles, their skins/details and sounds:

WOW!!!

in one word, WOW!

I've never seen better rifles in any WW2 game before.

and the way they reload is and ability to change scope views is just class!

I wish COD had rifles like that :(

anyways I've posted videos for you to check them out if you want to:

Kar98 - Right Click, Save As

Mosin-Nagant - Right Click, Save As

Kar98 Scoped
    Click

Mosin-Nagant Scoped
    Click

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Red Orchestra is a stunning mod.
    There is nothing wrong with the controls at all.
    I wouldnt call it slow id call it realistic.
    COD is an arcade game by comparison.
    RO is a realism mod 100%,it incorporates real weapons balistics with bullets loosing altitude over great distance in such a way that you need to aim slightly above a distant target to allow for the bullet loosing altitude,really impressive stuff.
    Being proud to say ive been a beta tester since the early days of RO being a UT2003 mod i know the amount of attention to detail the RO dev team put into this game.
    Graphics are superior to anything ive seen including HL2.
    Sounds are awesome as are the physics but more than anything its that gritty realism that makes it imo the best first person shooter out there.
    If your a run around spraying type of player you will dislike RO.
    Think enemy at the gates movie with its sniper battles and your almost there :)
    Here is our red orchestra home.
    http://www.redorchestra.clanservers.com/

Checkout these ingame footage movies.
    LOL them silly bots in cybers post,they always seem to slide along the ground.
    These vids show real online action.

ttp://www.gamershell.com/download_7531.shtml

http://www.maporchestra.com/home/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4&sid=e6debe7727042423b2a803651dae0329

http://www.maporchestra.com/home/dload.php?action=file&file_id=36

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Dcully wrote:
    Red Orchestra is a stunning mod.
    RO is a realism mod 100%,it incorporates real weapons balistics with bullets loosing altitude over great distance in such a way that you need to aim slightly above a distant target to allow for the bullet loosing altitude,really impressive stuff.

doesn't cod have the similar thing? you have to aim a little big ahead of the running enemy to hit him.
    Being proud to say ive been a beta tester since the early days of RO being a UT2003 mod i know the amount of attention to detail the RO dev team put into this game.
    Graphics are superior to anything ive seen including HL2.

lol dude, you are everywhere, GFM, RO,....

Agreed, it's beautiful, the maps are designed very well, but sometimes it's annoying when you run for 2-3 minutes just to get shot in 1 second and have to start all over again.
    Sounds are awesome

Oh yes! rifle sounds are just super!

If your a run around spraying type of player you will dislike RO.

nah I don't like spraying but I do like fast action.
    Think enemy at the gates movie with its sniper battles and your almost there :)
    hehe, maps are built for that kind of battle.

couple of things I don't like though, yes realism is great but only 1 sniper per team? every server I join already has sniper's spot taken :(

and a lack of servers :( do you know how to make "The All Seeing Eye" to work with it?

overall this is an awesome game(I don't feel right calling it a mod), and it's free, I hope there will be more servers in the future.

Thanks for the links!

ASE works fine for me m8.
    In UT2004 in ASE look in mods filter and ro is there.
    No i dont think cod bullets drop over great distance,could be wrong though.
    One sniper can be adjusted serverside i think.
    but sometimes it's annoying when you run for 2-3 minutes just to get shot in 1 second and have to start all over again.

True but the ro team make no exxcuse for this ,it is a realism mod and thus not for everyone.
    You gotta thread carefully as ww2 was id imagine.
    As i say its not for everyone,some hate its slow paced nature others simply love it.
    Overall id say COD is more fun as its more accessible for pick up and play scenarios but what ro does nothing does it better.
    Ill try again to sum it up,maybe think Sam Fischer in enemy at the gates lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Damn, I really want to play this.

The local stores don't stock UT2k4 for some reason anymore.... :(

Can the Mod be played offline with bots?

Yes it can be played offline with bots.
    I bought both UT2003 and UT2004 purely to play RO.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote:
    Yes it can be played offline with bots.
    I bought both UT2003 and UT2004 purely to play RO.

It can be played on 2k3?????

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sold my copy of that, someone told me its either 2k4 or nothing???

In any case, yes, I'm looking to buy for just RO as well.....will really end my days of playing Day of Defeat with bots I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Dcully wrote:
    ASE works fine for me m8.
    In UT2004 in ASE look in mods filter and ro is there.
    No i dont think cod bullets drop over great distance,could be wrong though.
    One sniper can be adjusted serverside i think.

Oh yea! found it, Thanks! :)

As i say its not for everyone,some hate its slow paced nature others simply love it.

well sometimes I like it too. ;)

It can be played on 2k3?????

I bought UT2003 for the early betas of RO,it then moved on to UT2004 upon its release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Jesus thats beautiful !!!

Watch the mauser k98 video, fantastic stuff.

I dont care if I have to steal someones UT2k4 to play it.

I just HAVE to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Played this mod for a couple of months, really good atmosphere to it and has a generally nice pace and feel to it all, however it does take a while to learn to maps, as their pretty damn big and some have a lot of routes through them. As far as weapon of choice goes, I must say I have a real soft spot for the K43, that weapon is simply awsome, at a range it cant do much against the mosin, but anything else and its happy days, and up close it can still compete with the likes of the ppsh. Good game, worth the download.

MobileInfantry, you could try buying it on-line? Gameplay have it for £19.99 (sterling), unless of course you have no CC.

Advertisement