Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!! Microsoft Word. DAMMIT!!!

• 08-05-2005 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Im using microsoft works word processor on my new laptop. I have that I assignments have in but when I transfer from my laptop them to CD, the microsoft word in college wont read them. I know I there both in different codes and need some sort of decoder, but can somone tell me how I can do it. I have downloaded a programme but it doesnt actually let me go in and convert, its just put into the system memoary and works by itself if it detects a word document brought in.

Help! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

try going to file, then save as in ms works.
    choose rich text file in the file type box if it's available...
    chances are it isn't, and you've learned a valuable lesson;
    ms works is a steaming pile of ****. use openoffice in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

yes works is rubbish, worksuite on the other hand includes word. go to openoffice.org and download a real office package. u can save all created documents in ms word format.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In fairness works IS an integrated suite compared to office which still isn't despite being sold as such for the last 15 odd years (eg: copy cells to / from word/ excel and watch the formatting go to mush)

yeah Works is deliberately incompatible with office, yet another reason to hate microsofts marketing dept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

In fairness works IS an integrated suite compared to office which still isn't despite being sold as such for the last 15 odd years (eg: copy cells to / from word/ excel and watch the formatting go to mush)

yeah Works is deliberately incompatible with office, yet another reason to hate microsofts marketing dept.

every pc ive bought has work suite and that has word, encarta, auto route, etc that is an excellent consumer package from microsoft and its reasonably priced as well. works is a joke, id say it costs about 5 euro a pc. just a symptom of the margins falling out of hardware where dell mostly supply works with their low end pcs, and work suite with their high end as standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 para87

Word IS crap :mad:

Thanks for the info ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Hi,

Why don't you download Openoffice from http://www.openoffice.org/

It can read and save to word and most other formats.

Best of all it is open source and FREE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

I agree go get open office. It's very similar to MS Office and FREE :D

http://www.openoffice.org/

Advertisement