Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AC Milan-Juventus

• 08-05-2005 4:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Playing each other this weekend in San Siro, even points with 4 games to go....who is gonna win the game/league.

I say the game will end up with a draw and Juve will win the league....

Who is going to win the game? 12 votes

Milan
    0% 0 votes
    Draw
    58% 7 votes
    Juve
    41% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Have to agree, I think Juve will win the league but it would be nice to see them end on even points and go to a play-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

When is this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭shelsfan

Its on Eurosport tonight at 6.45 (KO 7.30)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

shelsfan wrote:
    Its on Eurosport tonight at 6.45 (KO 7.30)

Its on eurosport at 1:45 I think. Kick off at 2pm. Its on setanta at 7:30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Juve 1-0 Milan!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Milan were robbed, very poor refereeing by the 'best ref in the world'. Title is Juve's now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

yeah milan should have had one penalty for the foul on cafu, they were robbed, milan deserve better
    juve and referees!!
    we have the CL final to look forwars to anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Milan didn't have a good first half huge improvement in the second mainly due to serginio.

Juve didn't play out of their skin or anything but they did what was asked of them, Buffon did well when called upon and Del Piero had a good game.

Milan were robbed of at least one penalty, the cafu one was a definite while the cannavaro one was less so in my opinion as the only thing the could have done with his arms was cut them off.

Title is Juves now, sadly i think the best team will lose the title this year, Milan played much the better football all season but Juve got the results without playing greatly.

So Juve for Seire A and Milan for Champions League then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

oooohhhhhhhhhhh YEESSSSSSSS .....HOW MUCH I ENJOYED THIS!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

AND THIS THE #28 !!!

• Advertisement

jammy bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

i dont see how they were jammy,they scored a brilliant well deserved goal,played much better than Milan,created more chances,and defended brilliantly....Look at the statistics Milan in the first half had one attempt on goal,Juve were deservedly the winners and despite missing key players and having Camronesi and Appiah having to go off injured they still managed to completely outplay Milan.Well Done

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    i dont see how they were jammy,they scored a brilliant well deserved goal,played much better than Milan,created more chances,and defended brilliantly....Look at the statistics Milan in the first half had one attempt on goal,Juve were deservedly the winners and despite missing key players and having Camronesi and Appiah having to go off injured they still managed to completely outplay Milan.Well Done
    What game were you watching?

The first half maybe, but in the second half it was all Milan. Two goal line clearances, and then there were the 2 stone-wall penalties not given. Zambrotta cynically brought down Cafu on the edge of the area and didn't get a second booking, shortly after he then clearly pulled down Cafu IN the area when Cafu was in - no penalty given, and then Cafu had a shot that was goalbound blocked by Cannavaro who had his hands in the air - also a clear penalty.

Milan were robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Come on guys, Milan has been robbing games all year long....if after 35 games Juve is in front, it can't be all about luck!

Juve dominated the first half and caused several goal opportunities in the second half (Del Piero also hit the bar).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

jammy bastards

What goes around comes around, swings and roundabouts etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What game were you watching?

The first half maybe, but in the second half it was all Milan. Two goal line clearances, and then there were the 2 stone-wall penalties not given. Zambrotta cynically brought down Cafu on the edge of the area and didn't get a second booking, shortly after he then clearly pulled down Cafu IN the area when Cafu was in - no penalty given, and then Cafu had a shot that was goalbound blocked by Cannavaro who had his hands in the air - also a clear penalty.

Milan were robbed.

All i can say is "Pedro Mendes, from the half-way line".
    Sh1t happens, all of us need to deal with that some time or other.

Right firstly I dont think any referees would have given the second penalty claim but the first one you did deserve a penalty fair enough but how would you know you wouldve scored from it against the best keeper in the world?
    Juve hit the bar and had so many good chances,Milan created nothing you ask what game I was watching well look at the statistics for yourself.In the 2nd half we basically lost the key to our midfield and we still managed to cope very well,Juve defended amazingly.Milan werent robbed at all even if Milan got the penalty and even if they scored I still think Juve wouldve have pushed forward and got the second goal with ease with the state of Milan today.

Man of the match for me was a toss up between Thuram and Zambrotta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well im happy , always good to see Juve win :)

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    Right firstly I dont think any referees would have given the second penalty claim but the first one you did deserve a penalty fair enough but how would you know you wouldve scored from it against the best keeper in the world?
    lol, ball flying at the goal, arms in the air, hits arm, ball stops. What is there to argue about? I wouldn't have scored the penalty, I wasn't playing.
    Juve hit the bar and had so many good chances,Milan created nothing you ask what game I was watching well look at the statistics for yourself.In the 2nd half we basically lost the key to our midfield and we still managed to cope very well,Juve defended amazingly.Milan werent robbed at all even if Milan got the penalty and even if they scored I still think Juve wouldve have pushed forward and got the second goal with ease with the state of Milan today.
    Inzaghi was denied by a great save by Buffon then fell over on the rebound, he also had a superb chance but handled the ball, Juve cleared off the line right at the end, Shevchenko had a free header and looped it over the bar after Thuram missed it completely, etc.
    Man of the match for me was a toss up between Thuram and Zambrotta.
    Zambrotta shouldn't even have finished the 90 minutes, should have been sent off twice in the second half.

Balanced report here -> http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0405/mil-juv.html

**** happens in football,Milan didnt play well and Juve took advantage you cant say Juve didnt deserve to win because they completely outplayed Milan dominating the midfield until Camronesi and Appiah had to go off.

The fact that we beat Milan on their own soil without Ibrahimovich,Tachanardi,Zebina and at one point Camronesi and Appiah is quite an achievment,also Nedved wasnt fully fit.

• Advertisement

They outplayed them in the first 45 mins, whoopdedoo. At the least Milan deserved a draw after the second half, and would have had one if the refereeing decisions had been better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

yeah we need foreign referees in Italy!

lets hope Donadoni can do Milan a favour against Juve with Livorno...

Advertisement