Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor MMS Problems

Options
  • 08-05-2005 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Got a meteor sim recently and put it in my unlocked Sharp GX10i.I've been having problems sending MMS messages to other networks.I can send to meteor no problems and have received messages from other networks but for some reason can't send messages to other networks.My settings look ok.Is there a known problem with sending MMs messages from Meteor to other networks????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You cannot send MMS to the vodafone network.

Should work fine within meteor and o2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Did'nt know that you could'nt send to Vodafone.Tried to send to O2 and it did'nt work either.Guess its just another Meteor thing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Incorrect there MobileInfantry, I've sent plenty of pics to my gf(;)) who's Vodafone!

OP:
    Meteor.ie wrote:
    Picture Messaging Configuration

From the main menu, select 'settings', 'internet settings' and then 'MMS settings'
    Select the profile you want to change and select 'edit'
    Set profile name to "Meteor MMS"
    Set 'IP address' to "010.085.085.085" (use the (#) key for full stops)
    Set the 'homepage' to http://mms.mymeteor.ie/
    Set the 'port number' to "09201"
    Set 'connection type' to "GPRS"
    Select 'GPRS settings':
    Set 'APN' to "mms.mymeteor.ie"
    Set 'username' to "my" (all lowercase)
    Set 'Password' to "wap" (all lowercase)
    Set 'linger time' to "00120"
    Press 'back' and select 'setup end' (this saves changes)
    Select 'Meteor MMS' and activate
    You are now setup for picture messaging, in order to activate the service you will need to send an MMS to yourself/or another Meteor customer.

Hope that helps!

ftg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Incorrect there MobileInfantry, I've sent plenty of pics to my gf() who's Vodafone!

Guess I'm out of date, I'm lucky because I have free texts and literally everyone I know is on Meteor, so I've actually only ever sent one MMS to a non meteor, and it was to o2.

I was thinking to the best of my last knowledge, which is obviously wayyyyy out of date....lol

There was a time when you couldn't though, not so long ago.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Yeah it was only recently that they opened it to all networks so your mistake is forgiven, this once... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Incorrect there MobileInfantry, I've sent plenty of pics to my gf(;)) who's Vodafone!

OP:

Hope that helps!

ftg

Have all the settings as they should be but still cant send to other networks :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ring meteor and ask them but they'll most likely say its a problem with the other networks

Advertisement