Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

selections

• 08-05-2005 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

I think its a good idea to start a selections thread where you can post your horses and we can all follow them(if you could be bothered).

mine today(so far) are

3:25 leopardstown
    imperial rose(won)

3:15 Killarney
    emotional article(unplaced)

3:45 Killarney
    mansony(unplaced)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

On Friday and Saturday of last week, I couldn't get on to boards due to the DNS problems after the admins were moving servers, but I was going to put you all on to Vintage Port. He then won at 20/1 in Punchestown. At least I cleaned up on it anyway, if that's any consolation. :p

He runs again today in the 3:15 at Killarney. It's a similar race and he's up 6lbs for that win but at 10/1, I think he has a good each-way chance. I won't be lumping on, but I think 1pt e/w would be a fair recommendation.

---

Edit: Finished 5th of 18, 1/2l off the places. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

My first horse racing post- hope its lucky!!

Im on

4.10 Plumpton
    Polar Scout
    Lucky Pete

4.50 Worcester
    Renvyle

5.25 Leopardstown
    Solskjaer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Did they come anywhere clusk?

Not so lucky!

Two 2nds and the other two were donkeys!
    Not to worry- i'll make it back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

clusk007 wrote:
    i'll make it back...
    classic thing to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I lost 20p on my first ever bet and I've been trying to make it back ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

I know it was only a joke but in the golden rules of punting

never chase your losses is second highest on the list only after never gamble more than you can afford to lose, and one place higher than dont bother backing a Charles Byrnes horse on the drift.

Well, time to make it back!!

Hereford 2.40
    Chasing The Bride
    Kadam (nb)

HUNTINGDON 6.45
    Caught At Dawn

NEWTON ABBOT 8.30
    Graffiti Tongue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Good luck with those selections, it's an awful day of racing, I'd keep my money in my pocket if I were you, there's some decent stuff on for the rest of the week.

Thanks
    Just a small word about Apex(4.00 Yarmouth). Racing Post said keep an eye on him. He's been off the track for 207 days but won on his reappearance last season. He's 50-1 on betfair. You never know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

clusk007 wrote:
    Thanks
    Just a small word about Apex(4.00 Yarmouth). Racing Post said keep an eye on him. He's been off the track for 207 days but won on his reappearance last season. He's 50-1 on betfair. You never know!
    You legend! Did you back him? I had him e/w on betfair. Nice little sum.

well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Got a tip for Togher Castle today in Killarney at 18:40. Dunno how reliable but i put a few on it at 6/1.

Showbiz 6:45 at naas unplaced

Advertisement