Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7280

Options
  • 08-05-2005 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have this phone?

I'm really smitten with it, but know virtually nothing about it. According to a trawl through the web, it doesn't have any number keys, and according to some people, numbers can only be entered via a PC, and only called via voice-commands. Good lord. Also, as I'll be spending next year in Japan, I'm wondering if it can be used on Japanese networks.

Does anybody on here have it, or have any experience with it? Would you recommend it? Know of any good deals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

i dont think the phone will work in Japan cause they have a different GSM frequencies to europe.

there is no keypad, so you have to sroll to dail numbers. personal i dont like this phone cause of its functions, but it does look pretty good. heres a good review on the phone: HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Hi, Japan doesn't use GSM networks at all so the 7280 won't work there.

NekkidBibleMan suggest you get your own Keitai Denwa when you're over there, or look into the possibility of using one of the dual-mode WCDMA/GSM (3G) handsets...

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

so why does this site say japan use an frequencies of 800
    GSM frequencies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, looks like a mistake, best ask them why they have listed it (rather than me :)), perhaps mixing it up with another type of network that operates at 800 (e.g. PDC)?

Japan doesn't have GSM networks; they have PDC, CDMA and WCDMA networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Thanks for the help guys! I guess that puts that idea out the window!

• Advertisement
Advertisement