Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instrument Progression board?

• 08-05-2005 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

I was wondering is there any boards.ie related or IRISH based musician board where you can upload some clips of you playing guitar, bass, drums etc to show to people for a broader p.o.v. of how your music/riffs/beats should go?

I myself am in a band which came about recently as my 2 best mates got a bass and a drum kit in the same weekend(how freaky). Im playing guitar nearly 11 years, and i always found the best way for progression was to jam/play with other people. Considering that there is only 'x' ammount of people you know, who play an instrument, and chances are they all have roughly the same interest in music, your chances of progressing are only as good as your will to learn or, in some peoples cases, the people you are surrounded by.

I think it would be cool if boards.ie made some sort of forum for people with a genuine interest in music who want to record clips and show to other people to have a look at and try give some input as to how the riffs/rythems and so on should go. Imagion having all these new kids, who think that metallica (a great band imo) is the be all and end all of guitar, being exposed to other poeple their age, and people older than them, showing on a recreational bases each others work. I think that the only way to make something sound good in guitar, is to gel 2 styles to creat something with a new sound (as most people do).

As most of you know, members.boards.ie gives you 5 megs of webspace, which is enough i suppose to get some alright quality sound clips uploaded. A private forum, for those who can upload one clip will gain them access to the board.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

reD.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

TBH, I'd far rather see a load of Boards.ie collabarations. One person lays down a drum beat, someone adds a bassline, someone else does rhythm guitar, couple of people add solos, textures, vocals, other instruments. Just a bit of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Of course, it would all tie in with 'progression'. As i said before,imo the best way to learn is to play with other people, so someone could take a track and try put a riff over it or under it what ever the case maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It'd be an interesting idea. Bands/Musicians gives you a somewhat similar option with its sticky for your band's music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

feylya wrote:
    textures
    Count me in for the good ol' transtextural layering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah that'd be a good idea alright... i like feylya's idea tho... or maybe a big meet monster jam for all boards people without a band...although that'd just turn into a "gis a shot of that" drool over everyones gear session...could be good tho!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement