Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your fav Scrubs episode?

• 08-05-2005 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Id go with "My best friends wedding" for starters. Over to you .........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The one where Brendan Fraser's character dies. My Screwup.
    Best (and cleverest) episode by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

The one with Ed in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

For me it would have to be the episode "My Philosophy". It's got some of my favourite scrubs quotes in it:

(Turk and JD talking about Turk asking Carla to marry him)
    JD: Congratukations when are you gonna ask her?
    Turk: Tonight. I'm gonna make her a nice dinner and then I'm gonna put the ring in her champagne glass
    JD:Might as well put it in her cham-lame glass
    Turk:OK Mr. Know-it-all what would you do?
    JD:OK first you gotta get like 50 candles right, you spread them all over the room with some rose petals
    Turk: Thats right because the Roses are beautiful and they make the room smell amazing.
    JD:Like a meadow in springtime
    (Carla comes in)
    Carla:What are you guys talking about?
    Turk:Nothing, Guy talk
    JD:Yeah bitches and Ho's.

K. It probably isn't that funny to read it but in the show it's fvcking hilarious.

Or JD on death:

I think it's like a game of dodgeball. There's a lot of chaos and screaming and, you know, eventually you get your glasses snapped in half by the big kid who already has underarm hair. But then you wake up in the hot nurses office and when she leans in to put that bandage on your nose you get a sense that something could actually happen if you just took a chance and buryied your face in her knockers.

But it's not just the funny part that make it for me. It's the serious part at the end. The running theme of the show was JD's observation that in the hospital life and death tend to balance themselves out. Now there was a woman in who was pregnant but who had a valvular defect in her heart. They had to get a decision about whether to deliver the baby now cos if not the strain could kill the mother. But delivery so early could kill the baby. Anyway they deliver the baby and it survives and so does the wife. And JD begins to doubt his balance theory. But then one of the patients who was in and out of hospital waiting for a heart transplant dies. JD runs to the door and sees the team working on her.

The scene then cuts to the woman in a red dress (all fancy like) and she starts to sing "Waiting for my real life to begin" (she had earlier talked about envisioning death as a broadway musical) She (along with various members of the cast adding their own bit to it) sings the song and it cuts back to her on the bed flatlining and Dr.Cox walking away and throwing the defibrilator paddles down. He walks towards the door and, in a rare moment of seriousness and almost care for JD, he says "She gone. You gonna be OK?" JD replies with a simple but emotive "Yeah". its so simple but that bit makes me well up every time I see it.

This episode was the one that made me realise just how well scrubs can do great comedy and dead seriousness all at the same time and make it work damn well.

Oh yeah and I also really like the one about how something so seemingly insignificant as the flight of a butterfly can alter events so dramatically. And the episode is then split in to two "What if?" parts. It was just such an ingenious episode I had to mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

TmB wrote:

god, use spoilers man!
    But yeah, that is my favourite episode too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its from Season 3, and over a year old. Anyone who watches scrubs has seen it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

N_Raid wrote:
    Oh yeah and I also really like the one about how something so seemingly insignificant as the flight of a butterfly can alter events so dramatically. And the episode is then split in to two "What if?" parts. It was just such an ingenious episode I had to mention it.
    that was a special episode alright :)
    this thread has given me a thirst for scrubs goodness... think i'll start watching all of the episodes from the beginning again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Yes. Pretty much the only one that stands out too. They're all equally good really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

TmB wrote:

ditto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You had to go ask me this....

One of my favourite TV shows, if not my favourite.... can't have a favourite episodes but a few stand out in my mind.

Of course, My Screw Up with Brendan Fraser. Excellent and clever episode that proved Scrubs had some of the best writing, both dramatic and comedic out there!!

My Old Lady, for the excellent dramatic ending to the episode also. JD, Turk and Elliot all treat 3 patients they really become friends of and at the end,
    all 3 die!!
    The ending is made even more bittersweet with John Cale's (i think... pretty sure it wasn't Jeff Buckley's) version of 'Hallelujah'. Amazing! Can't help but well up at the end where they all lie down in the grass.

Also, My Bed Banter And Beyond which i love for the way it's told in a documentary style and it flips between JD and Elliott first getting together and lying in bed to their relationship throughout a course of a week in the hospital going through many difficulties. And at the end both being interviewed to reveal
    that they're not currently together

Also loved 'My Best Laid Plans' recently in Season 4. Zach Braff's direction with the "sped up-slow" moments (you have to see them to understand) and The Janitor's one-to-one with Elliott combined with Joshua Radin's excellent song 'Closer' playing over the last 5 minutes. Excellent!!

Can't say a funniest episode as they're all amazing. But one that always sticks out in my mind is the first episode with Brendan Fraser (best guest star in 'Scrubs' no question) My Hero. Hilarious!

Where he shows JD he's a nail going through his hand, and Cox and Ben both taunt JD saying "Touch the nail, touch it!!" and it just shows the camera dropping and getting faint as JD faints!

I LOVE SCRUBS!!

PS - this all reminds me... must buy Region 1 copy of Season 1 - out in a week or two in the US!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

My Old Lady, for the excellent dramatic ending to the episode also. JD, Turk and Elliot all treat 3 patients they really become friends of and at the end,
    all 3 die!!
    The ending is made even more bittersweet with John Cale's (i think... pretty sure it wasn't Jeff Buckley's) version of 'Hallelujah'. Amazing! Can't help but well up at the end where they all lie down in the grass.

Yeah, that's my favourite one. I thought the ending was great. (I think it was Rufus Wainwright who sang Hallelujah, but on the soundtrack they have the John Cale version.)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Hopefully one day there will be an episode where Dr. Molly Clock (Heather Graham's character) will die... hopefully burned at the stake or something. that would be the best episode of ANYTHING ever. Worst character ever by a clear mile. The 9 or so episodes she was in were ruined and are ultimately unwatchable.
    As for the best episode of scrubs which I havent thought up it would be - 302 - My Journey. JD is THE icon of metrosexuals everywhere, screw beckham. his choice in music (Journey) is hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Not sure what my favourite episode is, there's so many great ones to choose from. But I will say one thing, my favourite character is, without a doubt, Dr. Cox. He has got just the best lines and put-downs. Was watching it on E4 last night and he came out with what for me is now going to become one of my favourite sayings.

"People aren't chocolates. People are bastards. Bastard covered bastards with bastard-flavoured fillings!"

Classic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Nah, I think Kelso has the best put-downs. Janitor has some of the funniest lines too.

Dr. Kelso: Perry! Hi, how are you, etc. The wife and I just took out a new insurance policy, and I need a physical.
    Dr. Cox: Bob, the day I willingly cradle your dusty old twig and berries and get a whiff of your chronic halitosis while you turn your head and cough is the day you can look for me up on the roof singing, "I Believe I Can Fly".
    Dr. Kelso: Great stuff! See you about two-ish.

Dr. Kelso: Here at Sacred Heart, I like to think that our patients choose our hospital not only because I leak vicious rumors about competing hospitals to the press, but also because when they see one of our doctors they think, Now that's a professional!
    Elliot: Um, I don't think I look unprofessional.
    Dr. Kelso: I've let this whole new look thing slide the last few months, but now that your colleagues are beginning to complain I'm going to give you the same advice I give my son every morning. Lose the makeup! Get a haircut! And stop using my razor to shave your fun zone!

Dr. Kelso: Buzzy, buzz, buzz...
    Dr. Cox: I... beg your pardon?
    Dr. Kelso: Oh, uh, that's the sound of all the bees in your bonnet. And, Perry, even though I could give a rat's ass, I still think it's a pretty sound!

JD: See, now you're just embarrassing yourself. Pick someone else to annoy!
    Janitor: I don't pick them. They pick me.

"Oh, and by the way, your new nickname is Pepe LeFrits." -Janitor

Dr. Cox: Who're you?
    Janitor: Just a man with a saw.

Cox certainly has his moments though.

Elliot: What are you going to do, hide from him all day and then call him "Ginger"?
    Cox: No. It's Monday, which of course means it's Ethnic Day, so I'll be going with Rosalita, and besides, I have a plan.
    Elliot: Which is?
    Cox: Yeah, unfortunately, the first part of the plan is not to share it with people who annoy me. Want to hear the second part?
    Elliot: Sure.
    Cox: I can't. My hands are tied by the first part.

Molly: Perry! You know I have an cousin named Perry. But actually not, he's not my cousin and his name isn't Perry, it's Jeff.
    Cox: That's so funny, I have an uncle named stop bothering me.

Man, I love Scrubs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Classic stuff. Trying to get My Butterfly from my cousin in the post as I type this.

Any more spring to mind while Im getting some episodes from the cousin? I forgot how great My Butterfly was and not just on comedy levels, just amazing writing overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

The one where JD confesses to being screwed up and to having an inability to express real emotion, etc....Dr Cox said a similar thing too in one of the episodes....superb. I think it's pretty difficult to pick a fave as each one is a work of genius

jrey1981 wrote:
    The one where JD confesses to being screwed up and to having an inability to express real emotion, etc....Dr Cox said a similar thing too in one of the episodes....superb. I think it's pretty difficult to pick a fave as each one is a work of genius

I wouldnt say each one but most ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

basquille wrote:
    Also, My Bed Banter And Beyond which i love for the way it's told in a documentary style and it flips between JD and Elliott first getting together and lying in bed to their relationship throughout a course of a week in the hospital going through many difficulties. And at the end both being interviewed to reveal
    that they're not currently together

Is that the one from series 1? If so that's my favourite. I love the part where Cox is talking about all the awful moments in a bad relationship. But he ends by saying that the difference between relationships that work and ones that don't is that in a working relationship there are all those horrible moments too, but there is always one person who is willing to do what it takes to do to hold on. I had never expected to get sound relationship philosophy from Scrubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

cant pick a single one - as everyone says there all amazing, but my funniest moment is when JD wishes he could find some way to connect to a German-speaking patient, then imagines him and the German kicking balloons around to the tune of "99 red Balloons" sung in German. Brilliant!

Or when Ted gets sweaty at a deposition trying to talk to a hot lawyer, he leans on the table, and his hand slips...i've laughed at this every time I've seen it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

jomanji wrote:
    all 3 die!!

Yeah, that's my favourite one. I thought the ending was great. (I think it was Rufus Wainwright who sang Hallelujah, but on the soundtrack they have the John Cale version.)

That one was just on Paramount tonight.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote:
    That one was just on Paramount tonight.
    My Old Lady is probably my favourite!

Very very funny, but very sad at the same time!!

Just after watching My Screw Up there on SkyOne.

Definantly one of the best episodes.. definantly best of Season 3.. actually, they haven't had an episode since to top it, in my opinion!

How well does Joshua Radin's "Winter" suit the final scene in that episode? His music is being featured a lot in 'Scrubs' episodes recently. Got his EP... only 6 tracks on it but really is excellent!

Any more? I think I remember most of the classics I just dont know their titles.

Ah come on! :rolleyes:

;)

Look through Episode Synopsis on www.Scrubs-Tv.com

Should be able to find a couple of classics there!

By the way.. Scrubs - Series 1 is out on Region 1 DVD today.. well worth buying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Paramount < on Sky Digital, are showing the first series of Scrubs Mon-Fri @ 21:30.
    Some great episodes there that I had completely forgotten about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

Just bought Scrubs Season 1 on DVD!! Woohoo! Can't wait to watch them all again! :)

PS: My favourite has to be the Brendan Fraser one too!

LG

Any extras with the DVD? There's another excuse to get a region free player ;)

Any extras with the DVD? There's another excuse to get a region free player ;)
    # Newbies - A retrospective on the actors before they were cast
    # The Doctor Is In - one on one with Zach Braff
    # Not Just Another Medical Show - making-of featurette
    # Favorite Moments - cast and crew on their favorite episodes
    # Alternate Lines: A Second Opinion - shows the cast's unique ability to improvise
    # Audio Commentaries with creator and cast
    # Deleted Scenes
    # Outtakes

And i think you get something like a holographic X-Ray chart with a limited number of copies of the DVD also.

• Advertisement

Cheers

Is Season 4 finished now on RTE 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

TmB wrote:

When I saw the title - that's EXACTLY the one I was thinking of it... ooh I nearly cried...

and the one where they sing like a broadway show at the end (without giving too much away...)

My Screwup never gets tired even when its repeated. Great episode. More comments from you on your fave episodes please! ;)

The last few episodes of Season 4 have been weak enough by Scrubs standards, how many weeks are left on E4 does anyone know?

The last few episodes of Season 4 have been weak enough by Scrubs standards, how many weeks are left on E4 does anyone know?
    I think there's 5 left on E4.

I saw the Scrubs Catch-Up on E4 earlier and they were showing "My Boss's Free Haircut' which is one of the better of the last few episodes of the series!

Watch out for the "Hooch" running joke which will run it's course in the next couple of episodes by the way.... brillant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

The one with the janitor and his squirell army when turks missus looses rowdy and the janitor offer to help her find a different dogg, quality :)

• Advertisement

The last episode of season 4 wasnt great in comparison to other season finale. has it jumped the shark already? Cant wait for Season 2 on DVD :D

The last episode of season 4 wasnt great in comparison to other season finale. has it jumped the shark already? Cant wait for Season 2 on DVD :D
    Scrubs - Season 5 won't air in the US until the second half of the season. January 2006!

:(

PS - not a good sign!

Does this mean the network are losing faith in it? Most new seasons start in September.

Looking forward to Season 5 - it cant be much worse than Season 4!

Advertisement