Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230i recall

Options
  • 08-05-2005 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

Just read this on expansys.co.uk:

"I just spoke to Phones4u as they do the Nokia 6230i from your local store for 199 pounds, sim free. But..... They say that they have currently suspended selling it as there is loads of problems with them. "Bugs and things" i said, he replied yes. Apparently they are having to recall all the ones sold so far. Oh dear, Nokia have really done it again. Last time there was a major recall was when they started using substandard cheap screens on the Nokia 8210 and it looks like they've been a bit hasty on releasing the 6230i before ironing out all the bugs and problems. I'm glad I returned mine, and won't be buying another until I hear some more positive news. Info might be wrong but its what i was told. He might have just meant recall of them within Phones4u?"

(http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=119374&thread=68)

Anyone have any more info on this? I was planning on ordering one today damn it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Well ive had mine a good few weeks now and I havent had a problem in the world with it, the only thing I would say is that battery life is rather poor :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Poor you say? Is it worth shelling out the money for it?

Berger wrote:
    Poor you say? Is it worth shelling out the money for it?

IMO yes it is coz its a great phone its just a shame Nokia couldnt have improved the battery its got a similar sort of battery life to the 6230 which also isn't great-you're looking at charging it every second night and thats not from exceptionlly high use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I haven't had any problems with mine so far, im sure any problems will be sorted out in upcoming firmware updates.
    I get about 4 days on my battery. If you use it all the time your obviously gonna shorten the charge life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I was looking at buying two 6170's.. But the guy in 3g on King street said they've got a problem with the outside screen 'bleaching out'. He said it goes white after a while.. An annoying problem considering the prices.. Shows how they're trying to cut costs now..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

cupthehand wrote:
    Well ive had mine a good few weeks now and I havent had a problem in the world with it, the only thing I would say is that battery life is rather poor :rolleyes:

Whats the battery life like? I have a 3100 and the battery is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

battery life only lasts max 1.5 days to 2 days maximum.which is really crap for a fone.:D

drdre wrote:
    battery life only lasts max 1.5 days to 2 days maximum.which is really crap for a fone.:D

ya thats bout the go of it from as like I said a few short fone calls and some txtin I have never got more than two days outta it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Thats terrible. I think I'll pass so.

Advertisement