Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

driver help required

• 08-05-2005 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I and my brother bought a canon camcorder from pixmania.com,its the canon mv750i.There was no driver disc in the box when we got it.When I try to install the disc that we did get,it installs so far and asks for a driver disc that we did not recieve.Pixmania dont seem to be selling this model any more for some reason.When I did a search at the canon europe site it listed a driver but its not compatible for xp never mind xp service pack2.Any suggestions on where to get the driver that is compatible with xp and xp service pack 2.Is anyone out there from canon ireland,or a home intertainment store.
    The main reason we got one of these was so we can edit what we shoot and burn to dvd like we want.
    Any help or info arrpeciated.thank you :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Have you tried the driver that Canon lists.

It may be that it will work fine.

Or Does Windows recognise the camera when you plug it in. It may have built in support for standard twain devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Try the 2000 Twain driver
    There is no official Xp support from canon-
    Is the camera usb ?
    Does it detect new hardware when you connect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Yes it is usb and the pc detects the new hardware it starts to install some software then stops and asks for a disc that I havnt got in order to complete the task ..then I have to cancel as it keeps asking for the disc.

Yes I have tried the driver for the nearest model number to mine,it doesnt find the camcorder when I connect it.

This is bad work from canon as I have allways trusted their products..hurry up and develop the driver!!!
    Ill try the twain driver you mension...
    thank you..and Ill let you know if it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Unplug the camcorder. Go to Start/Run... and type c:\windows\setupapi.log. This should open this file in notepad. Hit CTRL-A to select the entire contents of the file and hit DEL/BACKSPACE to clear the file. Go to File/Exit and say Yes to saving changes. (You will have just cleared out the entire log file so it's blank).

Now, plug in your camcorder and wait until it starts asking you for your driver CD. At this point, post your c:\windows\setupapi.log file here so we can see what USB vendor/product ID is associated with your device. There's a good chance that we can find the drivers for you (or have a look on DriverGuide.com - username 'drivers', password 'all').

Ill give it a lash fatherdougalmag,hopefully your idea will work..thanks again.

• Advertisement

I got as far as connecting the camcorder via the usb port,now the p.c.doesnt ask for anything and it doesnt find the new hardware as it did before I tried the above..I hope u all know what Im on about! :confused:

I searched driver guide for the drivers under digital cameras made by canon as there isnt a list for camcorders.I searched the model number as well and no drivers found.
    here is the info just incase you find it post a link to it here if you do.
    canon mv750i
    mini dv camcorder
    Ill try that other trick again after a restart maybe the pc will find the device then.

thanking you again for your help.

It might just use the same drivers as some other device. So you might find suitable drivers for some other DV camcorder.

Anyway, sounds like the device has been registered with the OS so you need to unregister it. You do this with Device Manager (or Mangler :) ). With the camcorder plugged into the machine, go to Start/Run... and type devmgmt.msc. Then click OK.

Chances are the camcorder is showing up as a yellow question mark. Just click on it/select it and hit the delete key (or right-click on it and do uninstall). Now, unplug and re-attach the camcorder. The machine should see that it hasn't previously been installed and it will prompt you for drivers. Then proceed as per my previous post.

In the mean time, I'll have a poke around to see if there are any drivers around for the cam as you've specified.

Have you tried these drivers?

I found out what the problem was...it connects to firewire port.Me desktop does not have one but the brothers laptop does,so I forked out twenty quid for a fire wire cable..your man in the shop said he knew the camcorder that I have and this was the right cable but when I got home,it doesnt fit in the camcorder as its a usb port on the camcorder.
    Is there such a thing as a usb to firewire cable?Im not sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement