Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams.....

• 08-05-2005 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hows everyone getting on cramming for the exams??
    Anyone else wish they done some work over the year, instead of leaving it to the last minute, again?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

exams? what exams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

last minute?? isnt that next august? exams start tuesday for me so ill start crammin on monday ;)

i like your style MacGyver!! i have the early exam at 9.00 tomorrow so its all go until midnight and then a early moring, lets say 6.AM!!! Bring it On!!!

I luv Exams

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Legend_Killer

exams are not fun at all......... ive never tried to force so much into my head in one day before and now i know why..... it doesnt work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

One exam out of the way. Tanx to Rollo and Will to da T for there help with Drucker, Porter and all them other bitches.
    Must forget everything i learnt over the past two days and learn networks.

• Advertisement

no problem my little fox, opps, i mean angry fox. Ah yes networks! the subject i hate to be tought and hate even futher my distinct lack of networking knowledge!

Should be grand thou, it'll be like Christmas & Easter Exams mashed together like dodgy spuds! Yummie Yum Yum

Mmmmm spuds, mash spuds.

Dont even have the Christmas or Easter exams. You have them by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

let me guess 3rd year multimedia with colm dunphy (happiest man on earth NOT)

Yes, third year multimedia possibly the biggest let down since whole Star Wars: The Phantom Menace thing.

Colm aint to bad. He puts a lot of effort in and tries his best to help. But some assignments he has given us over the years brought to the edge of my sanity.

Anyway back to exams, arent they some waste of time? We should be judged on what we can create and what tools we use for the job. Not by learning off pages of s**te that we will never use again.

just face it fox, you one thick mo-fo!!
    better leave and get a job with the circus while you still have your girlish good looks, girlfriend!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

my exams started yesterday but they slipped my mind so i guess im failin

just face it fox, you one thick mo-fo!!
    better leave and get a job with the circus while you still have your girlish good looks, girlfriend!
    Relax biatch, and way u my ho..... always have, always will be.

mayordenis wrote:
    my exams started yesterday but they slipped my mind so i guess im failin
    didn't you say you left the glamour of WIT to make a proper go of fullfilling your desires to appear on the new series of Ally McBeal???

Or am i wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

I have a fantastic study regime involving cramming all night before each exam while drowning in red bull and watching rocky movies to keep my sanity!!

worked so far!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MR LIF

I think im screwed. I failed miserably yesterday and I also failed the ca. Am I doomed? I could probably pass the repeat exam if I did some study over the summer but what about the ca? I doubt I could bring the score up to balance it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

2 down....3 to go

roll on monday so I can fail maths (thats the natural passimist in me...I'l probably pass lol)

MR LIF wrote:
    I think im screwed. I failed miserably yesterday and I also failed the ca. Am I doomed? I could probably pass the repeat exam if I did some study over the summer but what about the ca? I doubt I could bring the score up to balance it

they usually give out a small assignment for ya to do over the summer which will be easy and you can get whoever is best in yer class o do it for money or whatever! :D

The assignment will be handy enough to do.
    So thats how Legend Killer got to third year. Paying people to do his work.....
    Is Dunphy going to be asking us much on Gestalt Theory?

No i was actually the one who was paid!!!!

yeah gestalt is a cert!!!

Just had the worst exam. Software Engineering. F**kin hate configuration management

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 daveffrench

yay exams, well thats 4 down and 2 to go. Just imaging and programming left. And well first year imaging and programming don't really require much thinking :p

Wait tell you do java in second year. It will be like learning new programming language.

3 down...2 to go......I love subjects that are all continous assessment...w00t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

For the IT students, how come we learned Java in 2nd yr, then when we got to 3rd yr it comepletely changed, none of what we learned for the whole yr was allowed, so what was the point!!

Did ye start using JBuilder in third year, cause thats what happend to us in second year.

Woohooo...just finished a German exam in 55 minutes.....say I got some odd looks walking out of the exam hall dead on the hour, with a smile on my face.....lol....only 1 exam left now on friday...thank fcuk they are nearly over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Almost finished. This has been one tough year.

Incidentally, if I actually pass everything, I will owe it all to caffeine. That one molecule can acheive so much *sniffles*.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

have fu**ing networks exam tommorrow

still tryin to learn new stuff and also go back the other 1000 pages(not an exageration unfortunately)

:mad:

Forget about the new stuff......learn the stuff you should know......assuming thats enough to pass you.

• Advertisement

Have one exam left. Database, and im trying to to Normalization. Load of ****e

Advertisement