Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox Extensions

Options
  • 08-05-2005 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Today i installed some firefox extensions for the first time. They're pretty cool. I got
      Foxy Tunes,
    • Gmail notifier,
    • Webmail compose and,
    • Tabbrowser Preferences,
    Anyone know any others that are defo worth having?

PS: If anyone else uses tabbrowser prefrences, maybe you can help me. I thought that any link i clicked on would open in a new tab, but i still have to right click and select "open in a new tab". I've messed with options, but it's still not happening. It works for some though. For example this opens in a new tab on a left click, but if i search something in google, each has to be right clicked.

PPS:
    An extension i'd like to see: take the "boards.ie/vbulletin" text out of the text in the tabs, so i can actually see which forum is open in each tab.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

The RSS feeder thats on offer, some nice skins are worth a look. I also like weather reported fromt the weather channel, its more a matter of install the lot and look at whats useful, another more useful one is open in ie for those sites that refuse to display in firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

• Spell Bound - Nice Spell checker
    • Boards PM monitor - Need I say more. Respect to Hobbies
    • Easy Gestures

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Here is my nice full list of current extensions.
    • Tabbrowser Preferences - extra tab options and stuff
    • ForecastFox
    • ColorZilla
    • HTML Validator
    • Thumbs
    • Web Developer (Toolbar)
    • MediaPlayerConnectivity - allows you to load embedded webpage movies in the actual player
    • BBCode
    • IEView
    • LoremIpsum Content Generator
    • Style Sheet Chooser
    • Translate
    • WebmailCompose
    • All-In-One Gestures - best mouse guestures about
    • Paste and Go
    • Session Saver
    • CookieCuller
    • ViewCookies
    • Dictionary Search
    • GooglePreview
    • SearchStats
    • Boards.ie PM Monitor
    • Adblock

The ones in bold I would strongly reccomend. Most of them are all on update.mozilla.org or addons.mozilla.org, cant remember the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I recently discovered Geasemonkey which allows you to add scripts to webpages, there are a ton of them out there, including one to remove the ads from gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Steveire wrote:
    maybe you can help me. I thought that any link i clicked on would open in a new tab, but i still have to right click and select "open in a new tab".

I click the Roller Wheel on my mouse and that opens any link in a new tab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Yeah i guess that works fine. I'm now also using these:
    • SuperDragAndGo
    • miniT
    • undo close tab
    • two view
    • ie view
    • Boards PM monitor

Advertisement