Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

software tat changes audio

• 08-05-2005 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

im lookin for software atat can edit an mp3 file and add echo and flange and many other effects
    i just wanna add cool soundin audio to a few home movies :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Audacity, I think it can do that do a google for it, failing that there are a number of offerings on zdnet.com etc that are worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

adobe audition is great for putting effects on audio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

soundforge is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Djddd1

Download.com is good for stuff like that give it a try I used it for jingles and they turned out great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

I use Pro Tools in college and it works great. It's pretty much the industry standard, but costs lots :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

adobe audition is great for putting effects on audio
    ... and it hosts a plethora of other capabilities.... synthesis, analysis, cleaning up, stretching, filtering, multitracking to mention just a few, and it loads/saves many diverse audio formats ... lest I sound like an advertisement, I'll stop now. :D

When it comes to audio processing, Adobe Audition is on the throne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Clearly it's not, since Pro-tools is used for Music and Audio Phile is used for Tv/Film

John

Lump wrote:
    Clearly it's not, since Pro-tools is used for Music and Audio Phile is used for Tv/Film

John
    OK, so I have a low-budget throne - don't shoot the frugal-at-heart! I have used ProTools in college, but have never aimed to have my own licence - I have to pay for food and shelter first!

Can I point out that Pro-tools Lite with an M-box is £300. Adobe Audition is £253.00 If you plan on Getting a career in Audio, it'd be wise to buy a system that is used. Get proficient in an industry standard.

John

Lump wrote:
    Can I point out that Pro-tools Lite with an M-box is £300. Adobe Audition is £253.00 If you plan on Getting a career in Audio, it'd be wise to buy a system that is used. Get proficient in an industry standard.

John
    The only point I'm making is that Audition gets the job done - not every job, mind, but many of them - while remaining within my non-industry standard :( budget. I've only recently managed to return to the world of work, so I'm not aiming high (or for a full-time career in audio) just yet.

However, the ProTools deal does sound like something to aim for at a later stage. That's good info to have, thank you for that!

• Advertisement

incisor71 wrote:
    The only point I'm making is that Audition gets the job done - not every job, mind, but many of them - while remaining within my non-industry standard :( budget.

Refer to my above post, There's not much difference in the Price.

John

Lump wrote:
    Refer to my above post, There's not much difference in the Price.

John
    Ah, but having already bought Audition, I don't have £300 to spend on ProTools!

Fair point, though, if I were starting over and armed with this extra info, the software of choice would be ProTools. Hopefully later, when I'm more flush with cash.

But I would like it to be acknowledged that Audition is not without its merits!

Fair enough, I've never used it, and Have pro-tools.... so I'll never find out it's merits.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Protools lite used to download for free, it doesn't/didn't have flange though, not even reverb but had EQ, delay, and time shift/pitch shift methinks.

Can you import mp3s into Protools now? Or would one use Protools to convert into aiff/wav first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 downtothe

wavelab is pretty good for mp3z

u can use vst and directx plugins which is groovy

in my opinion its still easier to use wav files - apart from the bigger file size -

there are a lot of audio editors dat cant edit mp3z to easily

Gordon wrote:
    Protools lite used to download for free, it doesn't/didn't have flange though, not even reverb but had EQ, delay, and time shift/pitch shift methinks.

Can you import mp3s into Protools now? Or would one use Protools to convert into aiff/wav first?

The Free version (Not Lite) Only works on Win 98 and crashes all the time. With Protools Lite, you can import Mp3's. And it has lots of the effects you talk about.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

And ProTools is a nice program to work with. In my course in college we did audio editing with badly recorded radio packages on MiniDisc and they cleaned up really well even though we barely knew how to work the program. It can import <---> export to MP3, WAV, AIFF and other formats, it can interface with studio MD, CD and Tape decks using an M-Box. It can even be used to sync sound with video, I believe...

It's also got lots of plugins for sound f/x...

Advertisement