Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E34 service manual

Options
  • 08-05-2005 7:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Need to take off the door panels on my 525 to check why my windows are a bit sticky, so I reckon it's about time I bought a service manual (to be sure to be sure). Should I go with Haynes or someone else, and where's the best place to buy?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This would save you some money if it's any use :D

During my time owning an E34, I found that a lot of (American) owners preferred the Bentley manual to Haynes. Dunno where to get either - haynes.co.uk don't seem to have the E34 manual atm

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try searching at ebay, bound to be one for sale up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What about the workshop CDs, they any good? Like this?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have downloaded the Mercedes Benz Workshop CD for the 190e and its much more detailed than the Haynes book (though that has its uses) so assuming the BMW CD is similair type then yes its worth it. Trouble is you have to print off pages then go outside and loose the page in the wind!

I bet there is a BMW fan site somewhere with the CD on pdf....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Bentley Publishing do excellent manuals for the well known EU in USA brands, Audi/VW/Volvo, etc.
    The aslo do excellent manuals for Bosch Products;

Not cheap but well worth the money. US models vary very little from their EU brothers in detail these days.

See; http://www.bentleypublishers.com/

However, for your specific problem a Haynes may do to remove the covers.... after that the Haynes tend to be very thin on wiring detail and accuracy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The Haynes manual is crap! (I have it!)
    Bentley manuals as said are infinetly better or alternatively get a copy of the TIS CD. Where do you work? I could get you a copy!

Anyway, search www.bmwcarclubforum.co.uk - I think I remember someone saying about using silicone somehow to fix the problem.

Advertisement